Beef Ribs tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
Had gotten these on sale a while ago and found them in the bottom of the freezer yesterday. :D
I made a compromise with the wifey for this cook. She hates my rub...wayyyy tooo spicey and hot for her. I made one up she liked. She picked up a package at a closeout store called Big-Lots about 6 months ago. She liked it on her steak so I tried to make a batch of it,cuz it isn't avaialble locally anymore.

Tired to figure out a close match and came up with = parts salt, garlic, brown sugar, paprika, cummin and a bit of corn starch.

They look like them ribs that knocked Fred Flintstones car on it's side! :grin: Looks great !! =P~

Here is a question. Are there different types of beef ribs? The ones I see at the market seem to be bone and fat. I've had them at restaurants and they were great but they looked different. There was a big bone with a smaller piece of meat near the center. What are these kind of beef ribs called?

Green Hornet said:
Had gotten these on sale a while ago and found them in the bottom of the freezer yesterday. :D
I made a compromise with the wifey for this cook. She hates my rub...wayyyy tooo spicey and hot for her. I made one up she liked. She picked up a package at a closeout store called Big-Lots about 6 months ago. She liked it on her steak so I tried to make a batch of it,cuz it isn't avaialble locally anymore.

Tired to figure out a close match and came up with = parts salt, garlic, brown sugar, paprika, cummin and a bit of corn starch.

We have a Big Lots here... Do you remember what the rub was called? I'll see if they have any.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Mighty fine looking vittles there GH. Good beef ribs are tough to find around here.
Here too. Usually they are cut up into individual pieces when you can find them. I saw these a while back and put a couple slaps into deep freeze.

Thanks I will have to get some more from them direct.
I tried to make an attempt at reproducing it myself. It came out pretty close. So as soon as I am done with it I will pick up a bunch. Thanks again. That is why I like this place :!: =D>

Back
Top Bottom