Beef Ribs today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you asked...I made a combo of about 1/3 Sonny's BBQ sauce, and 2/3 Mesquite Steak Sauce from Stonewall Kitchen. I was never going to use it on a steak. One of my bosses brings me stuff like rubs and sauces when he travels. Don't know where he picked it up. It was more like a bbq sauce than a steak sauce..smokey and fairly chunky, pretty sweet but a little tart too.

To this I added about a half a cup of my Blues Hog Red clone to thin it out to go in the foil. Came out pretty dang good, but the way...used the original mixture to baste.

Cap, those are looking great. How are they on tenderness? Do they compare with pork or are they more of a struggle? I've never done beef ribs before.

I have to be careful though, I don't want to be accused of going crazy :grin: :grin:

well Crazy B, the flavor is much different obviously...kind of a steaky taste, which is a good thing. These were very very tender, and next time
I'll cut the time in foil a little bit, maybe 15 or 20 minutes. Fat was well rendered, which was what I was trying to achieve. Didn't hit the magic point, but it was a good cook. Hope I can find some meatier ribs sometime.

Captain Morgan said:
well Crazy B, the flavor is much different obviously...kind of a steaky taste, which is a good thing. These were very very tender, and next time
I'll cut the time in foil a little bit, maybe 15 or 20 minutes. Fat was well rendered, which was what I was trying to achieve. Didn't hit the magic point, but it was a good cook. Hope I can find some meatier ribs sometime.

Cappy those beef ribs looked great way to go. My wife Niki loves beef ribs she would drool over those, and you would have a friend for life , I do them everyonce and awhile for her and me as well. Just have to have beef now and again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom