Beef Ribs Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are Beef Back Ribs: which consist of 7 bones NAMP # 124.. good in my opinion, but not much meat, but I like em all the same

http://www.beeffoodservice.com/cuts/Info.aspx?Code=26

There are Beef Chuck, Short Ribs, consisting of bones 2-5... which is what looks like Greg Cooked.. great taste, with , of course heavy "chuck" meat flavor to em

http://www.beeffoodservice.com/cuts/Info.aspx?code=20

Then there are the King of Beef Ribs , Beef Short Plate, Short Ribs, Trimmed, NAMP 123A.. unfortunately the link for them on that site is broken, but they come in 3 bone incriments, and are one of the wonders of the culinary world...

I like em better than any Filet Mignon, Porthouse, or any other cut of beef out there.. they are hard to find, so ask you local butcher to order em for ya under that NAMP #123A.. if they come with any more than 3 bones, you do not have the right ribs.. many butchers try to pawn off chuck ribs, for short plate ribs.... always ask to see the box, and they come in a yellow cryo vac, not white like the chuck ribs

Them look fine Greg. The ones I do are the NAMP # 124
They come out more tender if not over cooked.
I tried the NAMP 123A once & they were tougher but still very flavorful.

007bond-jb said:

Well of course they were tougher especially if you cookem at 250,lower n slower boy!that's the way to do em and then crank up the heat when they almost done. ;)

Where's JB? Oh there you are,i have a question of where ya hiding your Gumbo step by step instructional video? :)

JB i found the video and i think i'll go with Mrs JB's version first,i'm typing out the ingredients and then canceling the unentertaining overpriced no chef on there that canmake a proper bechemel sauce foodnetwork station.

Hope your better half doesn't see this admission. ;)
Thanks for the links JB..i been eating crawdads and gumbo from a little restaurant that also has a spice and freezer section with all the good louisiana ingredients,,the owner mentioned his crawfish are from another state for he finds them tastier,i ain't arguing with the guy.. just can't get enough of his wifes gumbo,actually everything she makes is authentically great, the best thing i ever ate,and i'v eaten just about everything at least twice. the gumbo has this earthy taste that you wanna crawl into and just sit in.i'll give this food a go but have this feeling it's not as easy as it looks,actually doesn't look all the simple to begin with,.

007bond-jb said:

that surprises me, JB.. might try cooking em at 275, until the internal temp comes to 195... they are stubborn in breaking 180-185 ish, and the temp runs up pretty quickly after it breaks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom