Beef Ribs Beofre the Cavs Game...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Got some Beef Chuck short ribs from BJ's...should have invited 3 other people in order to get these finished...but...will re-heat nicely for lunch, dinner and lunch! :D :D

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="800" height="533" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&captions=1&noautoplay=1&hl=en_US&feat=flashalbum&RGB=0x000000&feed=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2Fbarbecue4u%2Falbumid%2F5339536092417424609%3Falt%3Drss%26kind%3Dphoto%26hl%3Den_US" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Looks great there Rempe. I am gonna have to try me some of them there beef ribs. Never cooked them before.

swampsauce said:
Looks great there Rempe. I am gonna have to try me some of them there beef ribs. Never cooked them before.
I've had some great ones, really good eating, but the last batch I did, 2 racks of back ribs I bought because they were $1.99/lb, were real fatty. They had a lot of meat, but the fat was part of every bite. I didn't enjoy 'em much. :(

--John

Those look great Greg. I can't find descent chuck ribs around here for a price I'm willing to pay. Were those labled beef chuck ribs or beef plate?

Good Q!

Jack

Jack W. said:
Those look great Greg. I can't find descent chuck ribs around here for a price I'm willing to pay. Were those labled beef chuck ribs or beef plate?

Good Q!

Jack

They look like Chuck Ribs, as plate ribs usually come with 3 bones..chcuck ribs usually come with 4-5 bones

I'd KILL Captain Morgan if I could find beef ribs as meaty as those! Nice work Greg, very nice!

Jack W. said:

Good Q!

Jack

They said beef chuck ribs on the cryovac...I bought them from BJ'S wholesale club...but I always have to ask for them as they rarely have them out on the retail rack.

Good job Greg. I like the Picasso slideshow too.. use technology to its fullest!!! Especially spell checker.... :D

Bobberqer said:
Jack W. said:

Good Q!

Jack

They look like Chuck Ribs, as plate ribs usually come with 3 bones..chcuck ribs usually come with 4-5 bones

They look great Greg,
They are chuck ribs. them are what short ribs are cut from cause of all the meat on em.
Beef Back ribs (the one I get down here) are from the ribeye & have 8 to 9 bones per rack. I stumble on some chuck ribs before & they need to cook longer (like a chuck roast do) the back ribs don't need as long, They are tender to start with

I'm only two hours away! I coud've helped you. I would have loved to help you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom