Beef Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bigwheel said:
Well next time cook em a little slower. The high heat is whut cuz them to have the bones sticking out on the end. Works the same way with pig bones. If you got a gauge try not to beak 260. If you cooking them on a kettle..I cant help ya:) Best ribs is cooked bone side up and direct over a mesquite coals shoveled fire and if it dont take 6 or 7 hours they was cooked too fast or not allowed to rest in the hotbox. Now some of these yankees say cook em two weeks at 199 you know that aint right.

bigwheel

BW, these cooked on the WSM for 6 hours at 235*.

Well hmmmm...guess them bones was sticking out to start with. Yepppers that must be it.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:
Well next time cook em a little slower. The high heat is whut cuz them to have the bones sticking out on the end. Works the same way with pig bones. If you got a gauge try not to beak 260. If you cooking them on a kettle..I cant help ya:) Best ribs is cooked bone side up and direct over a mesquite coals shoveled fire and if it dont take 6 or 7 hours they was cooked too fast or not allowed to rest in the hotbox. Now some of these yankees say cook em two weeks at 199 you know that aint right.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well hmmmm...guess them bones was sticking out to start with. Yepppers that must be it.

bigwheel

Yeah the ribs were overly trimmed "shiners" but for the price, I'll be buying them again. Matter of fact gonna be reheating the leftovers with some Reverend Marvins to snack on later today!

Beef back ribs...3 bucks a rack, full of meat. Of course the commissary was out this week...so, another time!

They look great, Larry!

Bold is....beautiful!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom