Beef Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
I had a couple of these in the freezer and a day off and this is what's going on.
img_180408_0_fa34222fa4d5ea65b08a33f5852a8b5b.jpg

img_180408_1_1ba305196337d5c49e7f82ca6b354e1e.jpg

Stay tuned :P

The rub is just 2Tbls each of
salt
sugar
brown sugar
cumin
chili powder
black pepper
1tbls cayenne pepper
4 tbls paprika
Hope this turns out alright. My wife bought a bag of the Cowboy hardwood lump charcoal and the temps are blasting me out at 360* with all the vents closed. I took the meat off and am trying to stabilize the mess I am in.

Man-O-man that was a tougher cook than I ever could have imagined. It turned out tasting good. I had to pull the meat off and wait for the temps to stabilize then cook a little bit more before pulling the bones off a second time. I finished them off grill style without the lid. Still moist inside, but my oldest son thoght the outside was too crisp....ya can't please everyone I guess!
img_180423_0_4fdd1ba52df136190dddda887ff461c5.jpg

Yeppers that rub do seem like it got all its yings..yans..and pellecles in the propa places. Should be purty spicy. I used a misprint of a rib rub Danny G. come up with which I think called for 2 t. of Cayenne but a lot mo inert stuff to go with and not near as much black peppa. Got a feeling this one will light up a person. Now never tried it on beef ribs. Some of the best I ever had was seasoned with salt..peppa and Accent brand msg.

bigwheel

Got the wrong charcoal there my good man. I tried using that Cowboy brand lump in my little ECB chicken blaster once upon a time. It got so hot is spun the little primitive dial all the way past hot and in the Ideal range on the far side. It lapped itself in other words. I dont know how hot it got and cant ghurantee there was maybe a little leftover grease in there to feed it but it broke me of the habit of using it. Time the crazy thang cooled down where I was brave enough to put the chicken on it..it was time to add mo charcoal. Got sooted up something horrible. Keep your eye peeled for some Ozark Oak..that be the cat's meow for R2D2 type cookers. Now Big Dave always done good with Kingsford Mesquite flavor. Try that if you cant find the Ozark Oak. Have also heard good repoats on Royal Crown lump..or maybe it is Crown Royal or Royal Oak maybe. I tried some one time but it been so long back I forget now how it acted. I dont recall any disasters with it. No do not buy the Royal Oak briquettes..that are pure garbage.

bigwheel

Green Hornet said:
Man-O-man that was a tougher cook than I ever could have imagined. It turned out tasting good. I had to pull the meat off and wait for the temps to stabilize then cook a little bit more before pulling the bones off a second time. I finished them off grill style without the lid. Still moist inside, but my oldest son thoght the outside was too crisp....ya can't please everyone I guess!
img_180427_0_4fdd1ba52df136190dddda887ff461c5.jpg

They look just fine, I do em around 275ish for 3 or 4 hours, Till they look ready

Back
Top Bottom