BBQ Trifecta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well just got done with the meat prep…brisket is trimmed and marked (Full packer)…that will go on the bottom rack Brisket will be hit with the Swine Syndicate Comp Beef Rub….
ribs are demembraned and trimmed up Ribs will be hit with the SS Rub Out Rub…..those will do on the top rack in a rib rack and will be surrounded by chicken thighs…most will go into a smoked chicken lasagna (marinating in some EVOO with some Garlic Powder, Onion, S&P and Oregano and Thyme )later in the week but some will be consumed for dinner (Chivettas)..
I was informed by the Mrs. that I would be cooking with water in the pan….I asked her how she knew that…she said…you don’t have any sand…good women….she has the answers for everything…
Tomorrow I take the New 22.5 WSM for it’s maiden smoke…I’m still figuring out what to name it..

Well it's about time!
Looking REAL forward to the outcome! 8)

Name it ......Puff :shock:

We are anxiously awaiting the report. The name will come in its own time and is usually happens after alcohol consumption.

Griff said:
We are anxiously awaiting the report. The name will come in its own time and is usually happens after alcohol consumption.
So Puff it is!!! :D :shock: :LOL:

Ok I got up this morning and had a cup of coffee

rubbed up the meat…

Then set up the 22.5 WSM for its maiden voyage….That is a coffee can I use to keep the lit charcoal in the middle of the grate….look how small it is…

The bottom grate…I think I measured it to be 21in…

The water bowl is HUGE….

All loaded with Charcoal…

Chimney Shot

Full Packer Brisket….Fat side down…

Ribs….

And a Couple pieces of chicken for snacking….

Shiny

Ok couple of observations…Again everything is big about this unit..The charcoal ring..the water bowl..the grates…
I used 2 big bowls of water to fill the water bowl to an inch away from being full….

I used about 2/3 of a bag of lump between loading up the double deuce and the chimney and had 4 good size chucks of wood..with 2 extra pieces to go on top of the light charcoal..

I would forget about putting handles on this unit…you would be asking for trouble the size and wt of it loaded up it wouldn’t be a good idea to move the middle and top sections with it loaded..

One other observation for those of you with wooden decks…it was fairly windy here today…not like yesterday but fairly windy…after I dumped the charcoal and loaded it up with the meat I had the bottom 3 vents wide open per the MM because of the bigger holes a and the holes being on the side of the unit I got a pretty big size lit coal that blew out the hole….Just something to think about…

15 min after dumping the lit and assembling the unit it was up to 200* and I shut the vents down to 1/3 open…like I would for my old WSMs….

From what I can tell this is another top notch Weber product…seems like they got the packaging right…nothing was crushed…all the pieces were there…it was easy to put together…It probably took be 2 beers (20min) to put it together…

The sections were round….they don’t seem to fit as snug as my other WSMs…but they might be just be that there isn’t as much goo built up…the looser fitting sections might be a good thing as well…with that big of an area…more airflow might be desired..I still wish the door was made out of a little heavier material…but the way it stays on when you need to reload is cool…Quick update the sections are not leaking…I’ve got a normal amount of leakage from the door…and some condesation coming for underneath the therm….

Any of you local guys that want to take a road trip….I’ve got half a mind to toss a couple of logs on the firepit and have a little breaking in the WSM party….
As a special bonus we had homemade donuts for breakfast today…..as fast as the wife could fry them…the kids were hammering them…

Nice Dave. Did you see that that goofy heat shield on the bottom has a hole in it? I thought that was odd. :shock: I'd be over, but I have to close the deli tonight. Damn. :(

Pigs

man, you are a blessed man with that smoker.. I found one in New York too after you went to the store the other day... Should be here on Jan 2nd. Thanks for reminding me about the FF too.. You a good guy, no matter what JB says!!! ;)

Chicken is done…it’s a little dark..which is my fault…. I had to much wood going on at the beginning of the cook…..it still tastes good just a little dark…

The Chicken passed the kids test…they both ate 2 pieces…all I heard when I walked into the dinning room was Yum Yum…and some lips smacking…I had to reload the water pan…take a look at how the door stays attached…

The Mrs got these for Xmass…collapsible bowls…Santa figured they would be good for comps and camping…

And because I know its coming..here is the link to the bowls..
http://www.legourmetchef.com/Temp_Produ ... Strainers&

Mikey liked the chicken

About 3 hours in…flipped the ribs around in the rib rack…

Once the ribs are done I'm going to add more chicken for smoked chicken lagasana later in the week...stay tuned

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom