BBQ Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
Ok guys I have some questions for you about BBQ sauce.

What makes a BBQ sauce good?

What makes a BBQ sauce bad?

What makes you want to purchase a certain BBQ sauce?

ddog27 said:
Ok guys I have some questions for you about BBQ sauce.

What makes a BBQ sauce good?

What makes a BBQ sauce bad?

What makes you want to purchase a certain BBQ sauce?

I think this is a very personal set of questions. Everyone North South and in between will have a different answer.

For me a good sauce has a nice balance of flavours. I like fruity sauces over vinegar based sauces. Sweet with a bit of heat.

Bad sauce to me lacks depth or is imbalanced.

Usually I just buy one of every sauce I run across and try them.

I make my own because I can control the taste. I like a balance between vinegar and some of the Kansas City style...its got the KC color but not the thick sweetness...and it also has a more vinegar consistency with that vinegar twang to it.

I RARELY BUY SACUE...if I do its because I need to have something around for a big party. Some folks don't have the pallet for my sauce and like the liquid smoke crap from the stores.

Its a personal thing. This song explains it well. & yes I know it been posted before

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ubTQfr_tyY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ubTQfr_tyY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Greg Rempe said:
I make my own because I can control the taste. I like a balance between vinegar and some of the Kansas City style...its got the KC color but not the thick sweetness...and it also has a more vinegar consistency with that vinegar twang to it.

I RARELY BUY SACUE...if I do its because I need to have something around for a big party. Some folks don't have the pallet for my sauce and like the liquid smoke crap from the stores.

You're not referring to that yummy K.C.Masterpiece ;)

Back
Top Bottom