BBQ Potato Boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you know, I had sour cream and thought about it, but the taste
with the bbq didn't sound right to me. I used the sour cream and
left over cheese in mashed taters made with the skin scoopings.
I'll definately try the buttermilk ranch.

First time I ever tried the green chili baked tate combo was at a restaurant up in far N.W. Texas...aka Colorada. Whilst up there trying to exterminate the wiley bambis which infest that area we stopped the slaughter long enough to stagger into a place called the Ore House for supper. Think that either be in Pagosa or Durango..it hard to remember cuz we had been doing a lot shooters. Anyway the waiter axed.."whut you want on your tate?" I say everything but the kitchen sink. He brought out that tate loaded up with bacon..cheese..green chilis and chopped green onyawns and a few other things of which I aint sure. Whew it was so good it made me look around for a local yokel mama to slap.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:
We gave up on sour cream several years back. Now its Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk dressing..wowser now that will flat make a baked tate fittin. Try some canned chopped green chiles on there sometime too. Or some fresh roasted ones if you got some. Highly good flavor combo with tates. Sorta satisfies the old ying and yang thang.

bigwheel

[quote="Greg Rempe":ioigph42]I have put sour cream on the taters...it is good! But just a bit! ;)

My Ying or Yang hasn't been satisfied in a while, I might have to give it a whirl![/quote:ioigph42]

Those are looking really good. Im going to have to try them on the family.

Those look great Cappy!

When I had the restaurant we made a BBQ baked potato. We used the leftover potatoes in hash. I'll bet there's better margin in a BBQ Boat. They'll sell like hot cakes. Incidently, how do hot cakes sell??

Good Q!

Jack

Nice looking BBQ tater there Cappy. Made a simple potato into something special. I wouldn't change anything except maybe use a bigger tater! :LOL:

I like sour cream on my baked taters too but I don't like the way it sounds with beans, sauce and pork. Sounds like a funny flavor profile to me. But I haven't tried it so I'm not knocking it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom