BBQ Pork Chops TONIGHT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Max1

Head Chef
I just went to the local meat market (about 15 miles away) and got some pork chops. To my surprise they were on sale. 2 x 4oz boneless chops for $0.79.... Hell I bought 40 of them. The guy looked at me like I was just out there. Had them packed in 5's, and 3's just to piss him off further HA! Anywho I just got home whit them and plan to make some BBQ Pork Chops on my Weber Kettle. I will post some pics up later. MMMMMMmmmmmmm can't wait to eat now.!.!.

I am alittle south of Dundee now. I used to live in Westland, right off of Wayne Rd. Moved to get out the city. live in a town called Petersburg.

Max said:
I am alittle south of Dundee now. I used to live in Westland, right off of Wayne Rd. Moved to get out the city. live in a town called Petersburg.
Welcome to the hood. I live in Monroe Twp. 15 min away. :shock:
You should think about doin the Monroe County Jam this year.
What store did ya get the chops at?

House of Meats in Toledo. Its one Alexis Rd. about a mile west of Secor Rd. Then there is another location in Anderson's Market on Monroe St. and Talmadge Rd.

It's nice to meet someone from my neck of the woods.

fair warning, if you are gonna grill those chops, post about it in the
grilling section. If you're gonna smoke them on the kettle, you can
leave them here.

Captain Morgan said:
fair warning, if you are gonna grill those chops, post about it in the
grilling section. If you're gonna smoke them on the kettle, you can
leave them here.

and if you have no pictures don't post at all.

Sent using smoke signals because I'm a cheap bastard!

I would get the unused portion to the freezer fairly quick. They bound to be getting a little long in the tooth for that price. Also..as I learned the hard way from getting incessantly lectured..there aint no such critter as a boneless chop. It has to have a bone to qualify as a chop. Dont matter what it says on the label. You may have bought some sliced up butt. Which still aint a bad price. Do it look like a loin?

bigwheel said:
I would get the unused portion to the freezer fairly quick. They bound to be getting a little long in the tooth for that price. Also..as I learned the hard way from getting incessantly lectured..there aint no such critter as a boneless chop. It has to have a bone to qualify as a chop. Dont matter what it says on the label. You may have bought some sliced up butt. Which still aint a bad price. Do it look like a loin?

That's why I don't like shopping there. They advertise 4 oz chops of $0.79. Its not $0.79 a pound, I you multiply that by four its $3.16 per pound. Not that good of a deal at all.
Meijer has pork loin this week for $1.89 per pound, but you have to chop up yourself.

Max said:
I get most of my beef there, the chops just looked good. But its all good.
They have good looking meat. And alot of special items.
I just don't like the way they price some of the meat.

Last time I was there, I was looking for some steaks. I went over to where they keep the loins, saw that a New York Strip Loin was marked around $48.00 I think it was. This thing was massive. I had them cut it into 2" steaks. I got 16x2" steaks and then the tip, which was like about a 12 ounce steak in itself. And they do have alot of specialty items that I can not find anywhere. I don't go there all the time, I do try to price things out, if I have a coupon then I will go there. Otherwise I get ribs, brisket, and pork shoulders at Sam's Club, and the rest of of my meat at Kroger's, or the store down the street.

So where in Monroe County are you. I am in Petersburg, its about 5 miles from Dundee.

LOL, That's freaking crazy. Have to get on the net to find someone that live's 10 miles from me that love BBQ, and Smoking! That is funny. So is that considered the City of Monroe there, or Monroe Township?

Back
Top Bottom