BBQ Music - What's your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Bob it Book marked but I notice it say something about 70's classics or something. Can I change to Hank and Lefty once I get over there? Thanks.

Ahhh huh...now I sees the rulze here so to speak. It takes Minnie Pearl to sing a good truck driving song huh?

Just listening to my Mama's Boyfriend named Jimmy Dean singing PT 109 a real inspirational song about JFK. I think his sausage needs a little more grease in it. But he making a few bucks. No need to trifle with it at this point. Great man in my book. Could not run as a Democrat today..which is a real good sign.

That is some of my female grand chillins favorite. You must be a young whuppersnapper..lol. Or young at heart perhaps...:prayer:

You have raised some fine female grand chilren BW! And just cause of that, I will share one of my most important cooking tips with you if you won't tell anyone. What's the trick for getting a brisket past the 165 stall? MORE COWBELL!

More COWBELL huh? Now who woulda ever thunk it? Down at Graham we just stick em in the tail section with a shocker gizmo most likely. That make em pass right on by stall #165..expeditiously.

Wow..you hitting on my theme song here. Sure glad Jimmy Carter made them start keeping the crazy pop tops affixed to the beer cans. Only worthwhile thing that nit wit ever done that I can recall. Stepped on millions during earlier epochs. Its totally hellish on us metal detecting treasure hunter types. Those pop tops are highly conductive of electricity Alpha..Beta..Gamma and and X rays etc. A person can get a lot of false positives on that deal. Trusting its Jimmy. That would be his legacy.

I just might be "Wastin' away again in Margaritaville" this weekend...;):rolleyes::confused::partyman:

BOB

Last edited:
I prefer just about anything with an electric guitar. For some reason, everytime I fire up the grill the main riff of "Cat Scratch Fever" plays in my head.

For them who likes Blues and want to take it to another level. I can tell folks how to come up for a Blues name for themselves. Object be like this:

1. Some physical ailment a person might have.
2. A healthy fruit or vegetable.
3. A deceased left wing liberal President.

Big-Belly Rutabagus Johnson

I prefer just about anything with an electric guitar. For some reason, everytime I fire up the grill the main riff of "Cat Scratch Fever" plays in my head.

Whew..hear you on that beer thing Sir. As a fella tell me one time..I love that stuff like a hawg loves slop...lol. Now my Daddy always say..Whiskey will make you drunk..beer will make you stupid. I aint sure what to think about all that. Got any thoughts on the topic? Thanks.

Bluegrass or Southern Rock but just about anything goes if there is enough beer involved.

I used to make and drink beer but would typically have a whisky with a beer chaser. You can believe me that with enough of either they will both make you stupid :). In the last couple years I have had to stop drinking for the most part but I have fond memories as well as the lack of memory of the fun we had :)

Well...hmmm. Beer seems to make the gout and triglycerides flare up on the seasoned citizens sometimes. Wine mixed with ice water chased intermittently by hooch shooters do not seem to treat folks so cruelly. Could be the figment of an active imagination I suppose. Know a fella who aint had them ailments in years since giving up that nasty old beer addiction. Now the memory thing seems to flee regardless of outside influences.

Hmm..that sounds mysteriously like Debil Woship music. Hope you dont get Sister Sarah to listening to that stuff. Sure she is more into Southern Gospel..or maybe Northern Gospel. Surely it is not all heatherns up there.

Back
Top Bottom