Battle Tested

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well high five and manly man fanny slaps all around. Hearty congrats. Yall gonna make me dig out that Wolf Bold I got laying around one of these days. So far I just sampled off the palm of the hand type deal and it tasted like it got a bitter twang. Do yall think I was just hallucinating about the bitter flavor? Apparently if it do not taste bitter after the heat hits it or folks wouldnt be hitting so good in cooking contests with it. Normal rule of thumb for me is if it dont taste good out of the jug to write it off. Can somebody correct my thinking here? I bound to missing something. Thanks.

bigwheel

Hey Larry, since that hat will never fit on your head again, can I have it? Way to go BFD! BW, send me the rub, wouldn't want to waste it on somebody who doesn't like it. Have you ever tried McCormicks? They should have something you like. The store bought stuff is always SO much better.

Yeppers do use McCormick some..mostly the Montreal steak seasoning and tend to use it mainly as outside seasoning on oiled up baked tates along with some Tone's lemon peppa seasoning. This be before they go on the grill. Tried it on brisket a few times mixed 50/50 with Fiesta brand Fajita seasoning. Wasnt too bad. Needs a short ride in the spice grinder cuz the hunks is too big.

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
Hey Larry, since that hat will never fit on your head again, can I have it? Way to go BFD! BW, send me the rub, wouldn't want to waste it on somebody who doesn't like it. Have you ever tried McCormicks? They should have something you like. The store bought stuff is always SO much better.

nice job bfd.....did you use a mustard or worsty slather before the rub or did you just rub it down with bold??

Burnt Food Dude said:
Thanks guys!

I see a lot of guys using it on steaks and other assorted grilling meats. Anybody besides me try it on a brisket?

Try it, you'll like it! I Gar- ron- tee

I do!!! LOL Great on chuck too! And chicken wings if you like them spicy! :D

Back
Top Bottom