Barbecued Sweet Potato Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
The other night on the BBQC Show Greg interviewed John Dawson of Patio Daddio BBQ. I had to got check out his site and the Classic BBQ Chicken Drumsticks, but the first recipe I saw was Barbecued Sweet Potato Pie ... and who doesn't like pie? The drumsticks go on the back burner and I'm eatin' PIE!

Still no Sous-chef, but the tough part here is making the BBQ sweet potatoes.

A couple hours to marinade the potatoes.

Fire up the one touch and about 50 minutes at 275°.

Now the potatoes are ready onto the pie!

And as the BBQ Pit Boys would say ... "Through the miracle of time" Dessert is served.

I was so hungry when I got done I forgot the picture of a piece with a little Cool Whip. Take my word for it, it was good.

Buzz - I'm flattered that the recipe inspired you to try it. You did an outstanding job! Thanks for sharing your experience.

BTW - When people ask me what it tastes like I say, "It's like pumpkin pie on crack." It has a similar, but richer, flavor with just a hint of smokiness.

John

I would agree with the "pumpkin pie on crack" and you know it is good for breakfast too :) I'm going to have to give the second one to my daughter ... my waistline really doesn't need it. Thanks again for sharing the recipe, it will not be the last one of the Patio Daddio recipes I'll try. The drumsticks are on the horizon.

Back
Top Bottom