Bad tasting bbq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not quite sure what happened on this thread.. :) .but thanks for the rub recipe above anyway...!!
Trying it out on my pork shoulder tonight and will let it sit for a couple of days and will throw it on the smoker on Friday....
And good day to y'all as well...

Not sure about a rub recipe in this thread but sure.....anytime your welcome........

Not sure about a rub recipe in this thread but sure.....anytime your welcome........
On page 1 Max posted up a rub recipe...trying it tonight....unless you can divulge one..??, looking for a different one from mine

Ah...I see now, this thread got so messed up it's no wonder...LOL

Max's rub is on point, check the optionals for heat as some people don't like the kick.

If you are in a pinch for time "Famous Dave's rub" is great as well

f53fki.jpg

We hardly use a rub, but it doesn't make a difference with this bad taste. Some time we pre boil and finish in oven or gas grill. We never smoke, so far. I do have a smoker which I will try next time. We have did it so many times and removed it at different times because we don't have a temp. My wife said it's "done" and we remove it. We cook a lot of the pork and freeze it. When we want a bbq sandwich, we defrost, pour sauce over and heat in oven or top of stove in pan. Hope this helps.
I cook whole hog sometimes. I cook almost any large pork with a dry rub,225-250 for a long time, time is based on size. What is left over I chop and freeze. To reheat, put in slow cooker on low, add sauce and lit it go for a while. I've actually had good luck reheating some tough Bar B Q I cooked and couldn't keep the temp regulated. Outside was windy and about 35 deg. Miserable night. After the slow cooker bath in sauce, it was as good as any I have cooked. Good luck.:p

Back
Top Bottom