Baby Back Ribs x 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Picked up a three pack of baby back ribs from Sam's Club this morning. Just finished pulling the membranes and painting some yellow mustard on them. Using three different rubs today.
1. Home BBQ Rib Rub
2. Fatz Pig Powder
3. Dizzy Pig Original Rub

This will be the first cook using the new NU-Temp Digital Remote Thermometer. Of course, I don't know how remote it needs to be, I'll be outside with the cooker drinking beer.

Pictures later.........

http://community.webshots.com/user/brucebiss

I only took a few photos. Sorry to disappoint the camera buffs out there.

The ribs turned out good, scale of 1-10....7.8

In the pictures, the rack with the lighter, almost yellowy color is the one rubbed with HomeBBQ, the middle is Pig Powder, the last is Dizzy Pig.

Overall, I put them on at about 1:20, at 4pm I sprayed them with pineapple juice. At 4:50, I removed the racks sprayed again, added a little more rub and foiled.

At 5:35, I removed them from the foil, sauced and placed them back on the cooker until 6:10pm

The wife and daughter complained that the racks done with Pig Powder and Dizzy Pig were spicey. The rack with Home BBQ had an almost sweet taste to the bark.

All pulled clean from the bone at the chew. Sauces used: KC Masterpiece (for the wifey) Sweet Baby Ray's for Megan and Dr. BBQ's new sauce (which I highly recommend, sweet, vinegary, peppery finish great flavors) Great smoke flavor to the meat. All in all a good day of BBQ, beer and good eats.

Captain,

Home BBQ, is a competition BBQ Team from Florida. They won Team of the Year last year in the Florida BBQ Association. They produce their own rubs and sauces and maintain a bulletin board at:

www.homebbq.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom