Applewood Smoked Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Gotta co-worker that has requested a couple pounds of pulled chicken. So I halved four whole fryer chickens about 3.5lbs each, rubbed liberally with WolfeRub and smoked using applewood (thanks, Bill the Grill Guy). Pulled all the meat off the bones, added more WolfeRub and mixed in some Sweet Baby Rays. It turned out great!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... GTdy0Yt2gY

******! Now I'm hongry again!! =P~ Looks great!!

Hey, since I designed that WolfeRub Label, can I get another batch of it?? [-o<

Chicken looks great and you might want to try to keep the little girl out of the Wild Turkey, don't seem to be agreeing with her. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Greg Rempe said:
Must be nice to have the kind of capacity... :(
Yeah, C can hold her own on that WT, can't she..Or, did you mean Lulu?? #-o

Greg Rempe said:
Must be nice to have the kind of capacity... :(

Greg, I already need a bigger pit! Just when I think I have enough room, I run out!!!

I pulled all of the wings off of the birds to save for a snack for football today!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":1235gzfn]Must be nice to have the kind of capacity... :(

Greg, I already need a bigger pit! Just when I think I have enough room, I run out!!!

I pulled all of the wings off of the birds to save for a snack for football today![/quote:1235gzfn]

Ha! Just hook em, and "reel em in!" A WSM must be a"gateway" smoker!

Isn't that apple wonderful? I like the way the different woods look! Apple is particularly beautiful! So is cherry! Have you tried maple yet? It is truly distinctive. Has a true aroma of maple syrup. Great on chicken or fish! Apple and oak remain my faves!

Bob T said:
Woodman said:
Yep, sugar maple is our most abundant tree here. Make for some great fall colors!

I was told we have a lot of Sugar Maple around here. I'll have to take a walk to try to find some. I used the pellets and liked it, the real thing should be better.
I agree with the sugar maple pellets ~ Been using them ever since I tried them last year at SmokeStock! (Thanks Les ! ! ) There's alot here too but finding someone that has it separated from the rest of the mixed firewood is proving to be very difficult...

The Joker said:
******! Now I'm hongry again!! =P~ Looks great!!

OK, what's going on here??? Let's try this again...

So, I guess no answer means 'NO'.........

The Joker said:
[quote="The Joker":ha2tkit9]******! Now I'm hongry again!! =P~ Looks great!!

So, I guess no answer means 'NO'.........[/quote:ha2tkit9]

I thought I answered you via Yahoo Messenger the other night. #-o I'll send you some probably towards the end of the week.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="The Joker":19bmx613][quote="The Joker":19bmx613]******! Now I'm hongry again!! =P~ Looks great!!

So, I guess no answer means 'NO'.........[/quote:19bmx613]

I thought I answered you via Yahoo Messenger the other night. #-o I'll send you some probably towards the end of the week.[/quote:19bmx613]
Yeah, you did ~ I just want witnesses. :grin:

Hey Larry, thats some nice bird there. The color is perfect. How crispy was the skin? Also with out giving away any secrets how did you come up with your rub? I make my own rub as well and I'm curious how went about developing yours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom