Apple wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
The owner of a local orchard called tonight. He has 3 skids of apple wood set aside for me (1 1/2 cords) and has maybe 10 more to unload. Now I can stop burning pressure treated wood and see if there is a taste difference. :LOL: :LOL:
There is another orchard down the road that should be done cutting soon and maybe I'll snag some of his wood too.

img_147732_0_e41e5d1f75bd247b7ffd581cfbcd299c.jpg

I just ground up a wheelbarrow full of apple from a small tree in my yard. I have used it twice. It seems to be very mild and subtle compared to the hickory.

I mostly use apple, cherry, pecan, etc but a friend of mine called and can get me a bunch of orange tree limb cuttings, anyone smoked using orange before and if so how were the results?

Toby keil said:
I mostly use apple, cherry, pecan, etc but a friend of mine called and can get me a bunch of orange tree limb cuttings, anyone smoked using orange before and if so how were the results?

OMG! Orange is awesome. My Dad (Trekr on the board) brings me up cut up limbs from Naples, FL. It's strong. If smoking, be careful. It's really heavy (like mesq). It's great on beef and chicken....even burgers. (I add a small chunk even when grilling)

Back
Top Bottom