Any temp. difference between the top and bottom grate in WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
Are there any temperature differences between the top and bottom grate in the wsm? If so, how much of a difference do you usually get?

Thanks

Ditto what Bryan said...if you use sand then it will be a tad hotter on the bottom...I have never switched grated during a cook as the temp difference isn't that big a deal to me or my finished product! ;)

Top run a little hotter I suspect. Works thataway on ECB's anyway. Whut is a WSM but an ECB with a fancy paint job and a high price tag?

bigger

Well I have reached the conclusion the air control aspect is over rated. Good fire contol is the key. Now do I really want to eat something that been cooked over smoldering Kingsford for 18 hours? Nopers...not me. Could I duplicate the process with an ECB? You betcha..just cook on it like it come out the box. Dont drill no holes..blah blah blah. I got grates 15 years old from some old ECB's. They aint procelain but they cook just fine. WSM's was invented to knock dents into yuppie Gold Visor Cards and they doing good at it. Just my dos Centavos of course:)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I have reached the conclusion the air control aspect is over rated. Good fire contol is the key. Now do I really want to eat something that been cooked over smoldering Kingsford for 18 hours? Nopers...not me. Could I duplicate the process with an ECB? You betcha..just cook on it like it come out the box. Dont drill no holes..blah blah blah. I got grates 15 years old from some old ECB's. They aint procelain but they cook just fine. WSM's was invented to knock dents into yuppie Gold Visor Cards and they doing good at it. Just my dos Centavos of course:)

bigwheel

you're not from oklahoma are you?! ;)

brian j said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel
there are so many holes in this post that i'm not even going to bother responding... :LOL:

Ditto! You can't teach old dogs new tricks anyways!! :LOL:

Nopers I native Texican. Now I been to Okiehoma a view times. Way too many Okies up there for me. Did you know Okies is living proof that the native amerkickan injun peeples did have carnal relations with buffaloes?
:LOL:

bigwheel

[/quote]

you're not from oklahoma are you?! ;)[/quote]

bigwheel said:
Nopers I native Texican. Now I been to Okiehoma a view times. Way too many Okies up there for me. Did you know Okies is living proof that the native amerkickan injun peeples did have carnal relations with buffaloes?
:LOL:

bigwheel

you're not from oklahoma are you?! ;)[/quote][/quote]

LOL...good one!

Well they got some mighty nice folks up there..but no I aint from there. I still trying to figger out how Mickey Mantle got that liver. Reckon is was because he was an Okie maybe? They seem to get preferential treatment a lot of times.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom