Any of you guys ever check the temperature of your pork ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
Any of you guys ever check the termperature of your pork ribs when they're done? I know how to check for doneness, Im just curious what the temp. typically is?

Thanks

I don't and have never checked before, but I'm guessiing the temperature would be around 190*-200*. 190* would be a rib with a nice bite/tug to it and 200* would be falling off the bone. Just a guess....

It's a feel thing but I have wondered what the temps were. I just don't know how to stick in a thermometer without hitting a bone. :LOL: :LOL:

I heard folks who claim to check em and guess it be possible if you got one of them fancy smancy thermopen gizmos..regular old instant read gauges wouldnt work too well since the meat is so thin..or least dont think it work too well since I aint never tried it. I test by putting on my thick black sorta heat resistant rubber dish washing gloves and trying to pull a couple of bones apart in the middle of the rack. If the meat tears easy thats a clue that they are done enough to be wrapped and allowed to swelter in the hotbox for at least an hour. If the bones dont pull apart easy take it as a clue they need more cooking. I cook meat side down and do not touch em till they reach the tearable stage.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom