Another Chuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
Tried another Chuck last week. It came out just OK. The taste was great, but kinda tough. I think it was just a tough cut.

It was a "Prime" cut from Publix,same as last one. Have to try another one and see what goes. :?

Bet the flavor was good. Its hard to beat chuck in the flavor department in my book. I dont have much experience in trying to that stuff on the grill but did do a CAB chuck steak recently and it turned out very good tasting and surprisingly tender. Tried to do it hot and quick till in the general vicinity of medium. Thinking had it been done much slower or longer tenderness could have been an issue. What stage of doneness did the one in the photo reach and how long did it take to get there? If you dont mind me axing of course.

bigwheel

Green Hornet said:
Tried another Chuck last week. It came out just OK. The taste was great, but kinda tough. I think it was just a tough cut.

It was a "Prime" cut from Publix,same as last one. Have to try another one and see what goes. :?

I did it to medium doneness. I did it on the smoker. Forgot the temps and times. I did it while the old board was down. I had the pics stored so I put them up. Temps prob about 225* for maybe 3 hours.

Hey Brian. Well we had a contest the Sat before July 4th and I guess some thought it was too hot for chili cuz we didnt have very good attendence. Next one be our annual "spookfest" at the Albertsons store on Oct 28th. Usually have a good turn out for that one. Give out a prize to the best dressed spook etc. Trying to talk Fly Beaver into coming as Lady Godiva but so far she aint fallin for it:)

bigwheel

BrianA59 said:
Hey Bigwheel!
When are we gonna start cookin' some chili. It's never too hot for chili in TX! :twisted:

Cliff H. said:
It don't look tough. I am always amazed at how long it takes to cook one of them dudes.
I agree Cliff! It's like a brisket :shock:

But sure is tasty ;)

Back
Top Bottom