Another Butt storage/reheat/serving question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
I just pulled two butts that Ill be serving Sunday late afternoon. I dont have a food saver and my options for storage are alumin. trays or gallon freezer bags. First off, should I freeze (its friday eve, and again Ill be serving Sunday eve) or just refrigerate and whitch option for storage do you guys prefer ? Also I worked a show last weekend where a local bbq was smoking butts. He had a pretty good product and sold it mixed with a little sauce. Some of the guys I work with were talking and one said he had someone else's pork, and it was good, but he didnt serve it with sauce. When you guys serve butt, do you add a little sauce to the serving tray or 100% on the side. For me, the butt stands pretty good on its own, but I also want to serve the way most prefer.......

John, just put em in the freezer bags, then re heat. No need to freeze cooked meat for just a day.

Sauce as you please. Depends on your area, but I'd serve lightly sauced with a vinegar pepper sauce, then various types on the side.

Done, thanks...Did a good burn yesterday..finally get my pit tuned in. Used Humphrey lump coal and oak..awesome results...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom