Another Brunswick Stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Like Larry I’m making some Brunswick Stew…I’m making the recipe Rag made at the Jack…if you want the recipe pester him for it…
Had some leftover chicken from my birthday cook….

Mixed up Part One

Mixed up Part Two

Dumped Part Three in a Bowl

Combined

And now it simmers for 2 hours…I’ll have a little during the Bills game..some for dinner and the rest will be frozen for a cold winter day. I added some of my homemade chipotles instead of the chipotle Tabasco it called for…It’s smelling pretty good.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Ya know, I can be at your door in less than a hour! :LOL: Look's great. I'll bring the beer. Oh wate, if Pen is going to be there I better get a keg. ;)

I can't go, Im allegedly cooking a brisket..

Yeah Rag, you gonna post the recipe? You and Larry have had me running to the freezer checking ingredients.

Looks like alot of chicken left over from your birthday....nobody show up. Man that sucks.
Good mods to the stew...enjoy.

It's ok to post the recipe in the pork section. If you don't feel right doing that then post it in the sides section. :D

On edit, Great looking stew wittdog. ;)

Screw it, I'll post it here.
Watch the liquid smoke stuff.....I use just a touch.
Brunswick Stew

Pulled from BBQ News forum. Recipe from Spanky's Restaurant in Savannah GA.

1 3/4 cups Catsup
1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tsp Chopped garlic
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbs worcestershire sauce
2 tbs tabasco smoke chipole sauce
1 tbs lemon juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
3 cups diced potatoes
1 cup diced onions
2 14 1/2 oz chicken broth
1 pound diced cooked chicken
1 pound smoked pork
1 14 1/2 oz peas
2 14 1/2 oz stewed tomatoes
1 14 1/2 oz limas
1/4 cup liquid smoke ???????
1 14 1/2 oz creamed corn
1 14 1/2 oz whole corn

Blend over low heat the catsup, mustard and vinegar. Add chopped garlic, black pepper, red pepper, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and lemon juice. After well blended, add brown sugar and heat for 10 minutes...do not boil. Set this sauce aside to be used later. In a 2 gallon pot melt 1 stick of butter, Add potatoes, onion, chicken broth, chicken and pork. Bring to a rolling boil. Add peas, stewed tomatoes, the earlier prepared sauce, limas, liquid smoke (if using), both corns. slow simmer for 2 hours.

Yield: 1 gallon

Would it just not be the same without the liquid smoke ?

I have never added liquid smoke to anything but I always have a bottle around. ;)

Cliff H. said:
Would it just not be the same without the liquid smoke ?

I have never added liquid smoke to anything but I always have a bottle around. ;)

Liquid smoke is some nasty smelling stuff. If you use it, just go light and sneak up on whatever flavor it produces.
I smoked this stew in my pit once, and I liked it less. Smoke didn't improve it and the liquid stuff probably won't either.
Let me know how you like it if you whip up a batch.

I didn't use the evil liquid smoke...but I did use smoked chicken and PP...this is some good stuff..nice and tastey

Whats liquid smoke :?: Is that what you get when Ya Q in the rain :LOL: Looks good Dave

Back
Top Bottom