Andouille, Baby Backs, and ABTs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dry Rubber

Assistant Cook
Smoked these up a while ago, but a friend of mine recently sent me the photos. Made me hungry so I figured I would share.

Sorry, no plated pictures.

On a side note, it was my first stab at ABTs (I am sure you can tell). I need to get them crispier next time and I could not believe that they were sort of.... well, BLAND! I whipped op another batch last night and will smoke/grill them today. Used more salt/rub this time and plan to finish on the grill. Any other suggestions would be great!

Hope these pass muster.

[attachment=2:2targ9t3]014-1.jpg[/attachment:2targ9t3]

[attachment=1:2targ9t3]025-1.jpg[/attachment:2targ9t3]

[attachment=0:2targ9t3]020-1.jpg[/attachment:2targ9t3]

Don't give up just keep plugging away. I've used turkey bacon as a wrap and a Lil Smokie stuffed in the center of the cream cheese and they've been great. Maybe a little crushed pepper flack will kick them up a notch.

Turkey bacon sounds like a good idea to me. I grabbed some of the peppered bacon to see if that adds something. I will post pictures later.

Smokey Lew said:
Don't give up just keep plugging away. I've used turkey bacon as a wrap and a Lil Smokie stuffed in the center of the cream cheese and they've been great. Maybe a little crushed pepper flack will kick them up a notch.

Hmmmmm Turkey bacon ? Sounds a bit too lean for me ;) :D

Food looks great though !

These were a success! Lil' smokies, peppered bacon, some rub, about 2.5-3 hours on the WSM at 250. No grill needed. :partyman:

It is going to be hard not to throw these on every time I fire up the smoker.

[attachment=0:35juwloa]DSC01912.jpg[/attachment:35juwloa]

Back
Top Bottom