And now the ribs for dinner...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Two racks were hit with parkay, a good coating of brown sugar and honey...then wrapped in foil and put bone side down for their time in the foil...they are the center and right slabs...they were REALLY good...flavor personified! The left rack was dry...used Pete's Firehouse BBQ rub on all of them...my homemade bbq sauce on the side...and Kebroak lump for the fuel!
[attachment=1:2koca3cs]DSC_0001.jpg[/attachment:2koca3cs][attachment=0:2koca3cs]DSC_0002.jpg[/attachment:2koca3cs]

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 634
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 638
Hey those look delicious! I have a question for you however. I've never had much luck with a honey rub on ribs. What is the secret to not burning them, because I am in desperate need of guidance on that angle. I would like to do a honey rub on some pork ribs tomorrow.

Ashyface, its not a honey rub...when I put the ribs in the foil I put honey on them! No burning!

Lew, 3 hrs on the smoke initially, then in to the foil for 1.25hrs and then back on the WSM to firm for 20min. I don't usually do babyback ribs...these were for my wife!

Greg Rempe said:
Ashyface, its not a honey rub...when I put the ribs in the foil I put honey on them! No burning!

And now I know; And knowing is half the battle! :) Man, is my face red. All this time...I've been DOING it wrong! LOL! Thanks for setting me straight on that.

Greg, I have NEVER said this to a man before. You not only have a nice rack but, you have three of 'em. :eek: :D :oops: Very nice!
Right now I have a boudin stuffed boneless chicken(a spineless coward)on the Traeger. Gettin' a late start tonight cause at the last minute I decided to do the spring cleaning thing on the Traeger and vaccuum the ash out of it. Always cooks great after that.

For your first time cooking, they look ok. With practice I'm sure you will get better. Waiting to hear what Morgan thinks.........................

Back
Top Bottom