Aluminum Pans...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Would it be a dumb idea to put a couple empty aluminum pans on the bottom of the tube of my Klose to catch the fat drippings and make clean up a little easier? Maybe a little water in it to keep it liquideee...

Douchebag :roll: ...why not close the drain valve and fill the bottom of the pit with some water? When you are done, open the valve and you're done. Do it in your neighbor's yard though. Keep the drain pointed down or you'll be sorry and going to the Outback because of a grease fire.

Bubba, just because you are fat doesn't mean you have to be so rude!

Filling with water will work and it also sounds like pans will work too. Thanks for your nice post, Stogie...not so much from you Uncle Fatso! :LOL:

PS, thanks for all the help this past week...much appreciated!! 8) :D

Uncle Bubba said:
Douchebag :roll: ...why not close the drain valve and fill the bottom of the pit with some water? When you are done, open the valve and you're done. Do it in your neighbor's yard though. Keep the drain pointed down or you'll be sorry and going to the Outback because of a grease fire.

Ditto! I alway put water in the bottom of my 36" backyard Klose.

Funny how neither one of you tards mentioned that during the first cook instructions...with friends like you two... :idea: :idea: :idea:

Greg Rempe said:
Funny how neither one of you tards mentioned that during the first cook instructions...with friends like you two... :idea: :idea: :idea:

Listen here. I know people who are both fat and retarded and I'm sure they would be mighty offended at your remarks! :LOL:

Am I missing where you want to put these pans? Are you talking about the bottom of the cooker itself? Underneath the cooking grates?

Underneath the cooking grates to catch the drippings...kind of like the water in the WSM. However, filling the chamber with some water will work just as well...but neither one of those selfish little girls bothered to tell me that before I used it the first time Friday night. Oh well...

Already bitching about clean up......................who's gonna help you get the Klose in that attic? :LOL:

Galvenized painging pail from HD or Lowes. Cost a few bucks and can be used over and over. Line it with a plastic bag and let it drip, then tie up the bag and put it out on trash day.

Greg Rempe said:
...you'd still be trying to figure out which wire brush to buy. :roll: :LOL:

Greg Rempe said:
Funny how neither one of you turds mentioned that during the first cook instructions...with friends like you two... :idea: :idea: :idea:

Yeah like they know what they're doing!
Don't use pans on the bottom of the cooker,if you do it'll screw up the air flow and the door to your cooking chamber will rattle up n down and you'll loose heat and sleep. :LOL:
Add water and collect onions,cellery,garlic past due dates and toss in your freezer then toss in your cooker with water,,at the least you'll have soup if the meat suks.

wdroller said:
Greg Rempe said:
Would it be a dumb idea to put a couple empty aluminum pans on the bottom of the tube of my Klose to catch the fat drippings and make clean up a little easier? Maybe a little water in it to keep it liquideee...

Nothin' gonna' make sense to man who would buy a klose!

He didn't buy it............. :shock:

Exactly!! The FREE Klose is the best pit $$$ can buy!

And I wasn't complaining about the clean up Larry...just trying to be efficient. :D

Greg my Klose has a charcoal/drip pan in it. The homemade smoker I have i line the bottom with foil and let the dripping sit for a couple days then roll it up and throw it away. Worked well for me.

Tannehill Kid,is that the Klose deluxe grill chef smoker in your avatar?

Hey mmmmmBBQ, long time no see!!!! How's things up in da North Country? No more Klose site aye? Bummer!

Back
Top Bottom