ABT question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleglue

Head Chef
Has anyone ever browned Italian sausage then mixed with cream cheese then stuffed into the peppers?

I've only made ABTs about three times and each time I've used Mont. Jack only then wrapped with bacon...no other stuffing.

The Italian Sausge thing sounds good...
I mix cream cheese, with cheddar and some garlic, onion, powder, a pinch of salt and some chives and use that as a filling....

cleglue said:
Has anyone ever browned Italian sausage then mixed with cream cheese then stuffed into the peppers?

I've only made ABTs about three times and each time I've used Mont. Jack only then wrapped with bacon...no other stuffing.

That's how I do them. Cooked sausage, sharp cheddar and some blue cheese mixed up and stuffed in the pepper. =P~

They work with any meat you want to put in them Craig. I've used chicken before too and that works as well.

I've tried it and it IS good. I still like chopped point or PP over sausage though.
My ABT filing is usually cream cheese, Q meat, tons of garlic, green oinion, lime juice, salt, pepper, and a little rub. Throw it all in a plastic pag and snip the end, fill the peppers, and put em into the freezer for a bit to firm them up before wrapping in bacon.

MMMMMMMM!

ABT's are fun, kind of like any thing goes, your only limited by your imagination, I have gone as far as stuffing them with grilled hog liver (then ground) with shallots and smoked aged Swiss. Yea I know it sounds gross, but most of you guys don't like sweet breads or limburger either. :)

Back
Top Bottom