a question on butts ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
I believe 8 is standard from Sam's club.

Thanks Cappy someone on another board ask me and I could not remeber wether it was 8 or 10 . I do like the fact they are now including Boston Butts at the QCup this year, should be interesting. Niki and I will be judges at this one looks like , for anything but and the main part as well. I am working on my Master Judge , then I can come back and have some fun !!

Dont think I ever bumped into an unenhanced butt..cept off a few wild hawgs which has been invited to my parlor over the years. Sure there bound to be some out there in the krewlish world somewhere..but they must keep em hid good.

bigwheel

V. Roberts said:
Hey Walter, good luck with the master Judge!

I hope Sam's Club butts are natural. I had two butts from Sam’s Club and needed two more for a cook so I purchased two from another store; I found out the other ones I purchased were packaged from Morrell Meats which I’m told are enhanced. Oh well, my cook went alright.

Val
VAl, check the label. You can see on it if it has been enhanced or not. Look at the sodium content. Also look for phrases like self basting, always moist, always tender, etc.

bigwheel said:
Dont think I ever bumped into an unenhanced butt..cept off a few wild hawgs which has been invited to my parlor over the years. Sure there bound to be some out there in the krewlish world somewhere..but they must keep em hid good.

bigwheel

BW, am I reading this correctly???

Finney said:
V. Roberts said:
Hey Walter, good luck with the master Judge!

I hope Sam's Club butts are natural. I had two butts from Sam’s Club and needed two more for a cook so I purchased two from another store; I found out the other ones I purchased were packaged from Morrell Meats which I’m told are enhanced. Oh well, my cook went alright.

Val
VAl, check the label. You can see on it if it has been enhanced or not. Look at the sodium content. Also look for phrases like self basting, always moist, always tender, etc.

Finney's right on the money!

Back
Top Bottom