A noob question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tried the water trick today was able to keep a constant 250-325 for about ten hrs today...I did have to add some charcoal from time to time but that's ok it did what it was suppose to...

Thx for the tips and help

Mesquite is a Texas weed. ;)

Texassicans think that too. They just pretend to like it, brag about it and will even use it on occasion. It's their evil plot to try their best to rid the state of the noxious weed. You have to admit, to the masses, it's a pretty good idea. Convince people afflicted with taste-in-ass disease that mesquite is good, and make some money while ridding themselves of the stuff.:):D:rolleyes::confused:

Tried the water trick today was able to keep a constant 250-325 for about ten hrs today...I did have to add some charcoal from time to time but that's ok it did what it was suppose to...

Thx for the tips and help
If you want to experiment a little, you can use bricks/sand/rocks/etc. covered with foil as your heat-sink to stabilize the temperature swings and you won't use as much fuel. You'll need to learn how to control your highest temperature, but most of your fuel was consumed turning the water into steam. Try it, you might like it.;)

BOB

Sounds like a good plan. In fact we tried a to get rid of Padre Island sorta like that one time. The plan was to require all the beach going touristas to take a bucket of sand back with them when they departed the premises. Looked good on paper. Not sure why it didnt work.

Texassicans think that too. They just pretend to like it, brag about it and will even use it on occasion. It's their evil plot to try their best to rid the state of the noxious weed. You have to admit, to the masses, it's a pretty good idea. Convince people afflicted with taste-in-ass disease that mesquite is good, and make some money while ridding themselves of the stuff.:):D:rolleyes::confused:

If you want to experiment a little, you can use bricks/sand/rocks/etc. covered with foil as your heat-sink to stabilize the temperature swings and you won't use as much fuel. You'll need to learn how to control your highest temperature, but most of your fuel was consumed turning the water into steam. Try it, you might like it.;)

BOB
:supz:

Taste in ass! LOL!

Well Kate and Mesquite have some in common as being prime contenders in the upper echelon of obvious gourmet delights. Did not know she was from Michigan. I promise to drive careful when in that neck of the woods. Thanks.

I bought a bag of that Mezzkeet at the local HD a few years ago.
It was marked 'made in New York'. Must be tied in with those salsa people? :confused:
Anyways, my dog loved chewing on it. Did give him a bit of a mouth rash though. He's doing ok now.

Well see..that is why in the land of the Blind the one eyed man is king..dontcha see? lol. The well heeled gourmand do not buy nothing from HD. That is the first no no which seems to have been violated here and upon which additional foo paws might indeed be predicated. If the foundation aint right the whole thing just tumble on down. Think about the three little pigs here for a min.

Back
Top Bottom