A Little Comp Practice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
Temps are expected to get close to the mid-60's today and with the first comp only 2 1/2 months away, I decided to fire up the Geer pit today and cook a brisket, a pork butt, a couple of racks of spares and some chicken thighs. I most likely will be feeding the neighbors and friends this afternoon cause I can't eat this stuff. If you're in the neighborhood stop on by.

Just got the pit fired up. Will take about an hour before I can put the brisket on. Will post pics along the way. If this is global warming, then bring it on! :LOL:

Cant eat this stuff? lol I know what you mean. That problem hits me about mid summer! cant wait to see the Geer.
You didnt name it Richard did you? 8)

Richard?? Yeah, weld a tailpipe on the Geer and get a stuffed gerbil...authenticity is key. Ask Puff for more directions. :roll:

DaleP said:
Cant eat this stuff? lol I know what you mean. That problem hits me about mid summer! cant wait to see the Geer.
You didnt name it Richard did you? 8)
I have seen his Geer in person. What a pit! Pics don't do it justus.
Its a work of art. Dallas posted pics of it when he got it last year.
(I'm too lazy to look for them :LOL: )

Pigs

looking real good so far, can't wait to see the finished product. Heck, even got the atlas out to see how long it would take to drive up there from here, lmao.

dmtky said:
looking real good so far, can't wait to see the finished product. Heck, even got the atlas out to see how long it would take to drive up there from here, lmao.

Looks like about 5 hours give or take a few minutes there. You're welcome anytime you're in the area!

Here are a couple of more pics.

Just put the ribs on (just one rack of spares) at 1 PM.

Everything should be ready by 5.

Looking good Dallas. I always have to do a double take when I get out of bed, have a cup of coffee, and check the Booard and find guys 4 or 5 hours into a cook. The double take is when I think "Oh, yeah, they're 4 hours ahead."

Here's wishing you a great comp season in '09, Dallas.

Looking good Dallas. I always have to do a double take when I get out of bed, have a cup of coffee, and check the Booard and find guys 4 or 5 hours into a cook. The double take is when I think "Oh, yeah, they're 4 hours ahead."

Here's wishing you a great comp season in '09, Dallas.

Good job. That Geer boy do make some fine pits. If the warden ever hits the Lotto I might get him to build me one.

bigwheel

Just got a package in the mail, just in time for dinner!

I've never had the Dreamland Sauce before. I'm going to try some on the pulled pork. It's smooth yet tangy at the same time. Just tried a little bit of the Bone Suckin Mustard Sauce and it's incredible, sweet with some definite heat kicking in at the end.

Everything except the chicken is wrapped. I don't think I'm going to sauce anything tonight. We'll experiment at the dinner table trying different sauce combos and see what everyone likes.

Back
Top Bottom