A late start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I woke up at 6 figuring to have the butts and brisket on by 7 :eek: . The wife yells upstairs as I was getting dressed that there was a fire call with two vehicles involved and injuries so I switched hats and went to the rescue. Well, while I was on scene my engine got a second call to assist the rescue squad on another call not far from there #-o . So, here it is 8:15 and I am just getting the chimney lit. I guess its going to be a LOOOOOONG day.

I'll post pics along the way. :!:

Wel Bill don't you feel better you were there to help those folks?! Thanks for your service bud, now get to cooking!!!

Bill you picked a perfect day brother! High 70's and sunny! Get the beer on ice, it's party time!

Bruce B said:
Damn Bill, you need a bigger pit. I feel bad with my one lonely brisket.

Don't feel bad Bruce, us amateurs can cook some mighty fine Q on our WSM's! 8-[ Just ask the monkey. :eek:

Bill, how old were your girls when they started helping you with your q ? mine is 12 and a half and wants to start being my helper this weekend . I am more excited about that than all the food we're gonna cook She's excited about posting the finished results on here. She's started reading some of the threads with me when she gets off the bus and was excited to see that there was a dad on here with a daughter that helped with the cooks.

cflatt said:
Bill, how old were your girls when they started helping you with your q ? mine is 12 and a half and wants to start being my helper this weekend . I am more excited about that than all the food we're gonna cook She's excited about posting the finished results on here. She's started reading some of the threads with me when she gets off the bus and was excited to see that there was a dad on here with a daughter that helped with the cooks.

I cant tell you how great it feels to have your kids help with Q. Both of my daughters have always been a big help with my catering for years. Lilq'er was around 12 when she started getting interested in Q. She goes to all but this last comp with me. LOVE having her with me. She posts on here under Lilq'er.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom