A good find and good news..........................;}-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbqfans

Cook
Trish and I were on one of our Rideabouts around the Toledo area and saw this:

img_200935_0_704bdc5ed0fd85168f1c59957fe83eca.jpg
eteggsveggies014.jpg[/IMG]

could not pass this up, so I grabbed it;$15 and it cost $169 at the stores,
http://www.parpools.com/Page/BackYard/BackyardGear.html, not a fancy,smancy Stainless Steel one, but just right for me.....

AND, a friend of ours said he wants to give me a couple of trees :!:
One is a Hickory and the other is a White Oak :shock:

img_200935_1_a25f4ae5d4fad2be7ad4a2cbd130b321.jpg
img_200935_2_7183b2c90c42cc9ad25fcc9c7b313ef1.jpg

img_200935_3_0a109dadc508c0598316a897d8d2beba.jpg
img_200935_4_41d3dc65e57fc72d387aa8a9ca9c5d30.jpg

Both trees are probably 60' or so tall, a lot of wood. I'll be supplied for a long time;hope this doesn't fall through, this will ease the hurt of fueling my hobby.
I don't always get this lucky, I'm not complaining though, when I do hit the jackpot, I HIT the jackpot :!:

I'm a happt camper now :arrow:
now I can REALLY
SMOKE HAPPY :D

Man o Man bbqfans with good luck like you've been
havin' lately...are you Irish or what :?: :D :roll: :LOL:

8)

Wow free trees. How fortunant. Now you should also get him to pay you to cut em down since he obviously wants em gone. A good Tongan tree monkey prob charge a coupla thousand to take em down and a few hundred to haul em off. Figger that into the equation. Now if the owner gonna knock em down and whack it up for you this would not apply of course. That just leave him owing you a few hundred haul off fee :shock:

bigwheel

Ouch, Bigwheel..................................;}-

So, is that how you treat your friends :?:
No wonder you are lonely :!: LMAO :roll:

No in fact I helped a fairly well preserved divorcee lady cut down a tree free of charge just the other day. Unfortunantly I had been using the world famous Polan chain saw to murder holly bushes below ground level with it previously. Whew that thang would not cut hot butter. It took me so long to cut down the tree it got sorta embarrasing. Then this fella come along and started the motor and I jumped back and say "Whut's that noise?" Always wondered whut the little rope deal was for.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
No in fact I helped a fairly well preserved divorcee lady cut down a tree free of charge just the other day. Unfortunantly I had been using the world famous Polan chain saw to murder holly bushes below ground level with it previously. Whew that thang would not cut hot butter. It took me so long to cut down the tree it got sorta embarrasing. Then this fella come along and started the motor and I jumped back and say "Whut's that noise?" Always wondered whut the little rope deal was for.

bigwheel

:LOL: :LOL:

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

bigwheel You always crack me up :D :D :D
8)

Update...........................;]_

Talked to Todd,(the friend with the trees)and he said he was going to fell the Hickory as soon as it quits raining...........I'm so stoked over it I could just turn flips.(if you knew me you'd be LYAO at that statement).
The Wife is fretting about "where" all that cordage is going to go :?:
My problem is having enough to cover the wood for protection :? !

Whew great points. I had about 6 cords of rotten wood in my back yard once upon a time with the Warden naggin about it 24/7. Thats when I started throwing it over the fence for the City to haul off and also about the same time I swore off of trying to cook on offset creosote factories. The logistics is for the birds.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom