A Good Day In The Smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry Wolfe said:
Brisket looks great Bill! How big was it? How long did it take? Huh, Huh? Inquiring minds want to know???

This was a small flat around 5 lbs. Between the 165* then into the foil with my special brisket glaze and back on until 195* it took 5 hours. It cooked down a lot. Packaged it in two vacum seal bags for my Batalian Chief.

Bill,

All of this looks good. I used Map Point and I'm 231 miles from Gordonsville, VA. 231 miles divided by 60 mph=3.85 hours. It is 3:05PM. I'll be there about 7PM.

They all really do look good!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2e9gxtkt]Brisket looks great Bill! How big was it? How long did it take? Huh, Huh? Inquiring minds want to know???

This was a small flat around 5 lbs. Between the 165* then into the foil with my special brisket glaze and back on until 195* it took 5 hours. It cooked down a lot. Packaged it in two vacum seal bags for my Batalian Chief.[/quote:2e9gxtkt]

Bill I'll stop by on the way home, leave a piece out!

Captain Morgan said:
Bill if come back to the beach this year, I think you should cook me a brisket.

No problem Cappy, one brisket delivered to OI. You meet us there with some ribs.

Sorry about not posting these last night. Here are the results:

Ribs:
I used Wolfe Rub on them and just spritzed them with a little apple juice during the cook. In my opionion, its the best rib I have ever cooked. I will be using Wolfe Rub from now on for my customers and my competitons.

Pork:
I tried something different on the butts. I have a new rub that I have been working on for some time and think I have finally got it right. I also injected them with apple juice and my rub. I spritzed them with apple juice during the cook, foiled at 170* and brought them up to 205*. As you can see in the picture, these puppys were MOIST, tender and easy to pull.

Turkey:
I used a cajun butter injection sauce on the turkey and did not rub the outside. I did use cheese cloth on it during the cook. I dont think that it is as nice as the ones I have done in an apple brine. We havent cut into it yet so I cant give you a taste review.

Brisket:
What can I say about the brisket. It was at the level of my first place brisket that I turned in in Lynchburg VA in 2004. Moist, tender and great flavor. I also foiled it at 165* and brought it up to 195* after putting on my brisket glaze.

Oh ya, while I was cooking yesterday, a lady called me wanting me to cater her husbands 50th birthday party. Seems that she had attended a party last year that I catered and loved my bbq. She said it was the best she has had. I LOVE WORD OF MOUTH advertising.

Butt injection sauce:

1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup rub
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce

I injected 5 butts with it. I did have to strain it before injecting because the rub is course. I let it sit in the fridge over night too.

Bruce B Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:36 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food looks great Bill, did you foil the ribs also?

Yep, used the 3,2,1 method without the last hour. I figure since they were being reheated, no need.

Bob T said:
Looks great Bud. I'll tell you what, this is another reason to get going on buying another cycle. I would be doing a lot of w/e jolts around the N/E to sample some of your and others Q! =P~
Your close enough to be a day trip Bill.

Bob, I am hoping to make it to New Holland this year. Look me up then.

Back
Top Bottom