8 Butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
great blog on your website too!

it's really cool staying up all night cooking...hard to explain to
those who haven't done it.

could not pull the pics down for some reason. Good luck on your cook anyway. If someone can help why I can't pull the pics down please pm me.

All done! I had to chop it because of time, and the last pic isn't a great ending, but most of it was eaten by the time I could get a pic!

Guests loved it, but I think I overbrined. I've read some posts where people say you can't overbrine. Trust me, you can. A little too salty.

Captain - Yeah. I love just sitting up all night and matching movies while watching the thermometer. Good times.

I have never brined a butt. Going to have to try that. Congrats on a successful cook.

There are few things I like to do better than to sit in the middle of the night besides my cookers and watch the thin wisps of smoke come out. Its so tranquil and peaceful. Everything for some reason seems right with the world then :)

Captain Morgan said:
It's really cool staying up all night cooking...hard to explain to those who haven't done it.
Bbqbrad said:
Yeah. I love just sitting up all night and matching movies while watching the thermometer. Good times.
Diva Q said:
There are few things I like to do better than to sit in the middle of the night besides my cookers and watch the thin wisps of smoke come out. Its so tranquil and peaceful. Everything for some reason seems right with the world then :)
There's something real primal going on here. Slow-cookin' big hunks of meat with coals is pretty close to the foundation of what it is to be human.

--John

Why BBQ

The fog from my breath swirled slowly
On this cold November morn.
And the wisps of smoke rose skyward
As the birds echoed up there scorn
Occasionally the sound of silence
Was shattered by the pop of a spark
Or the woeful cry of the neighbors dog
As he spoke into the dark
The pungent smell of fresh coffee
Blends in with the smells of fall