4 lb. Chuck Roast - Need Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyW

Assistant Cook
Wifey brought home a 4 lb. boneless check roast and I need some pointers on the best way to cook it. I have it rubbed and wrapped and in the fridge, but since I haven't smoked or grilled one of these before, I wondered what some of your most successful cooks have been like with this cut of beef.

Thanks in advance....

I like take'n it to the pulled beef stage. Much like pulled pork and brisket, take it to about 195-205 or when a temp probe slides in with little resistance. Very tender and juicy that way. That is how we like it anyway.

Don't forget pix!

Treat it like a butt and pull it like BigAl said. It will probably take as long as a butt as well. Make sure it is fork tender you might have to take it past the 195* mark. Good luck

Thanks for the advice.

Cooked it to 200, rested and pulled.

Delish!
5749528602_bd62023aab_z.jpg

Here's the video.....
[youtube:1uu3k22f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrSc2q-5Z8A&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube:1uu3k22f]

NIce video. I watched the one about your new house as well. Very nice house I bet you are excited to get in there and make it your own. I can tell I am getting old (mature may be a better word) as I am envious of the work room and closets and huge deck :).

bknox said:
NIce video. I watched the one about your new house as well. Very nice house I bet you are excited to get in there and make it your own. I can tell I am getting old (mature may be a better word) as I am envious of the work room and closets and huge deck :).

Excited is an understatement.... Still thinking about how best to set up the grills/smokers. Hoping the next 2 1/2 weeks goes fast!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom