2nd cook of the year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I have 10 butts going on both of my smokers early in the am.

I like cooking when it is chilly out. No flies, no sweat, no flies.

Most people smoke all summer. I tend to smoke all winter.

Beat your neiborhood is smelling good. Nothing like the aroma of hot butt on a frosty morn.

Yes it is BW. People out running around the neighborhood all seem to want to take the opportunity to stop and check there pulse in front of my house. Hahahaha.

Ok I am sort of an envisioning an adult kool-aid bbq stand. Let your kids sell them a cup of watered down Cherry flavor for five bucks..and they get a free butt sandwich from Papa. I am starting to like the sound of this. If the health goons show to cause issues..just call up the TV station and start screaming about the jerk commie liberals shutting down the kool aid stand. This also prob works with popcorn and beer. Five buck bag of corn and get a free ice cold long neck on the side. Keeps us posted. Thanks.

I like to bbq in the fall winter too. Ice melts FAST in Kansas Summer!

I love sniffin' Butts on cold winter morns myself.

Now do you live in the part of Kansas which looks like it got hit by an A bom*b or the Eastern Part? Thanks. Did you already post pics from where you live at? Somebody did on here I think. It looked like Lubbock on Steroids..no trees allowed etc. Let us know thanks. I think that guy was a farmer.

Ok I am sort of an envisioning an adult kool-aid bbq stand. Let your kids sell them a cup of watered down Cherry flavor for five bucks..and they get a free butt sandwich from Papa. I am starting to like the sound of this. If the health goons show to cause issues..just call up the TV station and start screaming about the jerk commie liberals shutting down the kool aid stand. This also prob works with popcorn and beer. Five buck bag of corn and get a free ice cold long neck on the side. Keeps us posted. Thanks.

This is great! I love the way you think!

Hey how you perking up there? Looks like on TV some might like to borrow the rope and hawg knfe to straighten out some of the politicians. Gasoline issue improved any? Still got food and water etc?

Hey how you perking up there? Looks like on TV some might like to borrow the rope and hawg knfe to straighten out some of the politicians. Gasoline issue improved any? Still got food and water etc?

Gas is still a waiting game. Politicians are nothing but hot air. Power company doesn't seem to have a clue as to where they should start and what course of action to take.

Well yall are still deeply in our Prayers. Things got to start looking up shortly..its always darkest before the Dawn..you know all that routine old Chap. Not trying to deter folks from being commie liberals by any means but it come on TV today a largish group of volunteer electrical minded bonafied high line stringer types from Alabammy come to Joisey trying to help and was told to get lost because they was not part of the prevalent Union. Is that nuts or what? If yall happen to survive this mess come to Texas Young Man. My Ret. Air Force Col. pal say anybody in the general vicintity of Noo Yawk City best get the heck out. He say the bloodthirsty Muslims gonna make it uninhabitable within ten years and that was about seven years ago. Get the hell out of there whilst you can. Not to turn mercenary here but if a person get a big old fat insurance check...that buy about a ten times nicer house in Foat Wuth...hint hint.

Gas is still a waiting game. Politicians are nothing but hot air. Power company doesn't seem to have a clue as to where they should start and what course of action to take.

Last edited:
Well yall are still deeply in our Prayers. Things got to start looking up shortly..its always darkest before the Dawn..you know all that routine old Chap. Not trying to deter folks from being commie liberals by any means but it come on TV today a largish group of volunteer electrical minded bonafied high line stringer types from Alabammy come to Joisey trying to help and was told to get lost because they was not part of the prevalent Union. Is that nuts or what? If yall happen to survive this mess come to Texas Young Man. My Ret. Air Force Col. pal say anybody in the general vicintity of Noo Yawk City best get the heck out. He say the bloodthirsty Muslims gonna make it uninhabitable within ten years and that was about seven years ago. Get the hell out of there whilst you can. Not to turn mercenary here but if a person get a big old fat insurance check...that buy about a ten times nicer house in Foat Wuth...hint hint.

We've got utility workers from as far as California working here. My company has hired a few tree climbers from Utah to help us drop trees.

Ok..should be a good time to go into the firewood bizness. Keeps us posted. Glad yall do not suffer from the union non sense.

All ya'll up North are in our prayers. My neighbor is a lineman for Texas New Mexico Power and he and his bucket truck left Oct. 20. He's still up there somewhere.
Unfortunately he missed my birthday Prime Rib on the 24th. So I did what any good neighbor would do... I ate his portion ;)
Youse guys hang in there !

Not to interfere with any personal info directed to the large floppy breasted fella..but Happy Birthday Sir!! What kinda presents did you get? How old are ya? etc. Enquiring minds need to know this kinda stuff. Now let us narrow this N. Tejas stuff down a bit while we are at it. Can you go out and split a brewski with the guys or maybe you is a henpecked young man as is the custom of some? Thanks.

Last edited:
Bigwheel, I got a card from my boys a kiss and homemade mac & cheese from the wife and I think the cats left something under the bed for my B-Day.:LOL:
I am now 57 years young. Lived in seven different places around Dallas, went to Richardson High and now call Bells, Texas home (since March). Remember when there was no LBJ Fwy and racing in my '69 Camaro SS350 when it opened. Hell, there was no traffic on it. Played Billy Bobs, I Gotcha Club, Spencers Corner, Spencers Palace, the Rock Saloon and Savvy's over cow-town way. Remember any of those joints ??
Beer... anytime my lone-star friend, maybe some Herradura too:drinkers:
Nuff rambling.......

Ok gotcha. Been to Billy Bobs a few times but the others are drawing a blank. Looks like Bells is in N. Texas. Little Bride has kin all over Sherman..Gainsville..Valley View etc.

Back
Top Bottom