1st time injecting(flat)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BIG ED1

Cook
Injected with beef broth and Stubbs beef marinade.It turned out great,was one of the best tasting briskets ive ever done.I used lump with afew pecan chunks.Oh,Santa also got me a new Knife and digital camera.

Attachments

• PC260047.JPG
    PC260047.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 415
  • PC260046.JPG
    PC260046.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 422
  • PC260044.JPG
    PC260044.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 421
Captain Morgan said:
well it damn sure looks good...my question: did the injection
overpower the flavor of the beef?
Not at all,it was a moist, well balanced flavor and i would do it again since I'm no expert on brisket.I'm sure the sky is the limit on what you can use to inject with.

no one in the internet bbq world has less experience than me. I think I've cooked 3,
and the first one was a corned beef brisket cause I didn't know what the midwestern
people were talking about. Pretty good pastrami though.

Good job Ed. Now how long did you let it set after shooting it up? Did it leave any pecker tracks in the meat? Thanks.

bigwheel

Brisket looks very tasty Ed... I called JB & he is waiting for us to come visit next spring :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .... See ya brother :D

bigwheel said:
Good job Ed. Now how long did you let it set after shooting it up? Did it leave any pecker tracks in the meat? Thanks.

bigwheel
I shot it up real good and left it in the fridge for 2 days and it turned out fine(no pecker tracks) :roll:

Back
Top Bottom