1st Rib Cook On the WSM- Finished pics up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
This is my first rib cook and only my second cook on the WSM. Picked up a package of Swift ribs and rubbed them down with Wolfe Bold and Klose Pork and Butt rub. Filled the ring about halfway with charcoal and three chunks of pecan wood. Got the dome temp to 250 and put the ribs on. This is also the first time I used a rib rack. Will post finished pics later. Suggestions welcome.

Loaded with charcoal and pecan

Ribs rubbed down with Wolfe Bold and Klose pork rubs

RIbs in the rib rack

Temp @ 250 and cooking

Looks like those bad boys barely fit on the cooker. :shock:
Good luck! Looking forward to the finished pics.

Nice looking slabs. I would be worried about burning the edges as well.

Did you update the waterpan to the Brinkman charcoal pan? They make a great water pan for the WSm. We also found when we switched over to the larger pan we had less burnt rib ends. Also temp control seemed easier.

Killer set-up TH.. I guess I am the only one left that hasn't got a WSM.. amazaning it now brother... Let's us know the results!!!!

First thing thanks for the comments and ideas. I'm using the original pan and have filled it with sand. Here are the finished pics of the cook. Temp held steady at the 250 the entire cook. The wife fixed homemade macaroni and cheese with some Zatarans dirty rice and added sausage to go in it. That was really good. Here are the pics hope yall enjoy as much as I did eating it :LOL:

And Vader waiting for a bone

[

Nice pictures. What I do to keep the ribs from overhanging is I just bend the rack of ribs into a circle, overlap the ends a little and hold it in place with a wooden skewer. Works well, but makes saucing them on the pit a little more of a pain.

Back
Top Bottom