1st cook on new Superior Smokers SS-One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
Cooked up some baby back ribs and chicken on the new cooker. The only thing that I wasn't trilled with was the ribs themselves. They were enhanced and tasted 'hammy'. Nothing to do with the cooker... I was trying to save a buck and bought them on sale at Harris Teeter.
IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

BTW: after I finished cooking I let the cooker go for a while, but I put probes on 4 of the 5 shelves. There was only a 7* difference in the temps from the hottest shelf to the coolest. Pretty good in my opinion.

Finney said:
... the ribs ... were enhanced and tasted 'hammy'.... I was trying to save a buck and bought them on sale at Harris Teeter.
Those would be the same Harris-Teeter sale ribs I was whining about in another thread. Dang things oughta be outlawed.

So far, what do you think about cooking in a box?

--John

I have to imagine that they are real close in comparison...if you put them side by side without any indicators it would be tuff to tell who is who.

That is a competitive price for those Fin Man. I like the door on that thing. I guess I got the good latches on my Backwoods too cause they don't suck.

I'm taking my Stumps off the market cause I like the way they cook. I'm showing up with two this year. A small Backwoods and a small Stumps. It's gonna be real nice bringing two with one of them being able to go direct heat for finishing. Although the Stumps finishes well. It just takes a few minutes longer.

Lets see a brisket come out of that Baby!

Back
Top Bottom