14 hour pork butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
Smoked this bad boy the other night. 8lbs, 14 hours, KF charcoal, hickory chunks, WSM. Used a natural butt with no solution this time and it made all the difference in my opinion.

Great job Nick, what kind of wood chunks did you use? AND...what's that green stuff alongside your patio.

Bruce B said:
Great job Nick, what kind of wood chunks did you use? AND...what's that green stuff alongside your patio.

I used hickory chunks. Yea, still have a few patches of green grass around the house, most of it has gone dormant though in the middle of the yard. Its t-shirt and short day...nice low 70s today.

I think there should be a rule aimed at warm climate members.
They should not be allowed to tell us how warm it is there when us Nawthaners are freezing ;)

Butt looked great! :D

Puff said:
They should not be allowed to tell us how warm it is there when us Nawthaners are freezing ;)

There is a trade off! I had to burn some pecan the other night in my chimney when it got down to 38! Now that sucks!

That butt looked good!

ronbeaux50 said:
Puff said:

There is a trade off! I had to burn some pecan the other night in my chimney when it got down to 38! Now that sucks!

That butt looked good!
Yeah butt I bet the house smelled good....get the pitch fork out and at least roast a couple of hot dogs next time.... :LOL:

ronbeaux50 said:
Puff said:

That butt looked good!
Yeah butt I bet the house smelled good....get the pitch fork out and at least roast a couple of hot dogs next time.... :LOL:

surfinsapo said:
Man, that looks good!! i could go for a chunk of that for sure!!!
Good Job!!! :D
hey, Love2<º((((>< when you coming to corpus and fish with me? come register on me and my friends fishing forum....
http://surfinsapo.com/phpBB3/index.php

SS

Hey bro, not sure when I'll be able to make it down. I'd probably rather wait til things pick up in the spring. Im joining the forum right now...I'll see if I can find any of my fishing pics. Im registering under 'atcNick'

Thanks for the compliments guys.....now everyone send me your address and I'll freeze some of it up and ship it to you with some dry ice.....ha...ya right, just kidding...this is all mine!!!!

Love2 the butt looks great.

Puff said:

Puff...bobberqer uses this as part of his signature on another forum.
CMDR: Arctic Avian Arial Armada.. born to bomb warm weather abodes

I sure hope he is talking about Iraq and Iran.

L2 that butt show do look real fine.

I got green grass too

Ron I got that radiant barrier insulation in my attic, we havent run the heater yet. The 38deg nite our house didn't go below 60 deg.

ronbeaux50 said:
Puff said:

That butt looked good!

THIRTYEIGHT DEGREES.......if it gets UP to that here I'll open the windows :D . Puff, next summer when the heat is up in LA and TX we'll send pics of ourselves sitting in the sun with sweaters on :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom