Mac & Cheese Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helen_Paradise

Head Chef
I'm sure you could take the time and figure out how to not use a box of Mac & Cheese for the recipe... This is taken from Chef Michael Richard's book.

1 box Mac & Cheese dinner (7.25oz)
1 can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted (10.75oz)
4 1/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
Dash of white pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed on the box, except omit the margarine/butter called for in the directions. Add the soup, milk, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then lower heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the cheese and heat just until the cheese is melted (the soup will start out looking thin, but will thicken after several minutes as the cooked pasta expands). If soup thickens more than desired as it sits, just add more milk to reach desired consistency.

Thanks Helen! It is in the recipe book as Helen Paradise Mac & Cheese Soup. I'm in northern Michigan the rest of this week and the night time temps are to be in the 40s, so Helen Paradise Mac & Cheese Soup may be on the menu this week. Thanks again.

Thanks Helen. All I need is big pan of cornbread to knock a serious hole in that stuff. I think you might could give Martha Stewart a run for her money. I know of a person who might be interested in squeezing a set of pups out of ya. Do you have any recent photos cheese cake etc?

Goober

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom