Grinder push stick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
I was finally getting down to my shop to clean up the mess I made turning Wittdogs stick. Standing there I thought, 'what the hell, all the tools are out and the place is a mess, might as well grind one out for myself'.
Looking around for a piece of wood I found a chunk of fire wood I set aside because I could see some spalting in it. I thought it was maple, but it worked kind of soft. Anyway, turned a stick. I ground up two pork butts for fattys I want to make at my buddies winery this weekend, and got to try the stick out. The thumb hole works like the cat's ass.
It still needs a decent finish.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Rag/stick/

The bottle of beer is for size reference only. Wouldn't think of drinking it after cleaning the shop, washing the truck and bike, and making 8 pounds of sausage. :LOL: :LOL:

Nice looking stick..I need one for my grinder. The one Im using is to small as I lost the correct one...Heck, Id even pay somebody to make me a nice one like that...maby someone with lots of free time on their hands.. ;)

john pen said:
Nice looking stick..I need one for my grinder. The one Im using is to small as I lost the correct one...Heck, Id even pay somebody to make me a nice one like that...maby someone with lots of free time on their hands.. ;)
And they start to come out of the woodwork :LOL:

wittdog said:
john pen said:
And they start to come out of the woodwork :LOL:

Geeez, you try to help out a retired guy... :roll:

When wood lays out in the weather, sometimes bacteria enters the end grain and eats/poops or whatever bacteria do, and turns that grain layer black. Usually used as jewelry box wood or accent inlay panels on high end furniture.
John, I think that grinder you have ate the lost stick. :LOL: Measure the hole diameter "exactly" and we'll put it on long list of stuff I want to do. 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom