Bigwheel's Grand Prize Winning Corned Beef (Pastrami)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Bigwheel's Grand Prize Winning Corned Beef Pastrami (Rev 8/10/09)*

2 big severely trimmed packer briskets
2 gallons Foat Wuth tap water
2 cup brown sugar
2 cups Morton's Tender Quick
1/2 cup dried minced onyawns
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/3 cup coarse grind black pepper
2 T. dry mustard
1 T. ground Thyme
1 liberal sprinkle ground Allspice
1 chintzy sprinkle ground Cloves
4 or 5 or 6 of Joe Ames good tasting bay leaves

Mix up the brine and get it ice cold. Strain the brine and shoot them
briskets up to the gills..then dunk em in the brine for 5 days in the ice
box. Drag em out and rub down good with black peppea and ground corriander.
Cook em on the pit at somewhere around 250 till the internal temp hits about 180 and dont seem to want to go no higher. Slice em thin and against the grain and pile it high on your Reuben. Will make you want to slap somebody's Mama.

*Again another increase in the TQ ration. Thanks to Rag and Griff for their input.

bigwheel

Glad you enjoyed it my friend. I gonna become unlazy and make some sausage and pastrami and other good stuff myself one of these days. Course I got a good excuse. My sausage making blood brother named Tim who always sorta keep me motivated and did most of the manuel labor got in a bad motorcyle wreck just before last Christmas. He was 60/40 in favor of going to be with the Lord there for a good while. Intensive care for two months or thereabouts etc. Now he hobbling around on a cane and cant hardly use his left arm..but he is alive and all there mentally. Thanks for all the prayers on his behalf by the way. I figger when he gets strong enough to push the lever on the stuffer..or trim a brisket we might run off a batch of sumthing:)

bigwheel

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom