Xmas hams 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
This was supposed to be the start of my Xmass ham thread. I placed an order for my hams…received a call that they were in…drove in the snow…and someone had absconded with my hams…Placed an order for some more hams…they should be here next week. On the way home I stopped at the Sausage Maker and picked up some more Hickory Saw dust…to the tune of 45lbs of saw dust…

Sorry about the dastardly deed on the hams. Crime is rampant. We even had a bank stuck up in the little hick town where I work. That just a few days ago. Good score on the sawdust. I like Hickory nearly as good as S. Texas mesquite. Hope the new set of hams turn out twice as good as the first bunch would have.

bigwheel

wittdog said:
This was supposed to be the start of my Xmass ham thread. I placed an order for my hams…received a call that they were in…drove in the snow…and someone had absconded with my hams…Placed an order for some more hams…they should be here next week. On the way home I stopped at the Sausage Maker and picked up some more Hickory Saw dust…to the tune of 45lbs of saw dust…

You going to start bitchin' about the snow already? :LOL: :LOL:
Keep it up we'll have to start calling you JP. :roll:

Today I trimmed up the hams and injected them with the brine..they will soak till Friday and then it’s into the smokehouse for 36hrs. Brown Sugar with a touch of molasses in the cure then smoked with Hickory. The hams look good a nice fat cap and some nice marbling.

Twas a few weeks before Christmas and the hams were hung in the smokehouse with care…pictures of the progress to come in the am..I am off to put in a 12hr day

They are starting to get some nice color…I don’t know if you can tell from the pic but the fat is getting that nice caramel color and the meat is that nice mahogany color.

The chamber with smoke

Let me tell you guys something ............. if you lived closer to Dave, you would all weigh 275 lbs! We stopped by for a visit once and I swear I gained 5 lbs! ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
Let me tell you guys something ............. if you lived closer to Dave, you would all weigh 275 lbs! We stopped by for a visit once and I swear I gained 5 lbs! ;)

And I would lose 25 pounds living next to him ... I'm headed to NY, that is my kind of diet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
I do live close... Its the drive home that kills me ! If you do go to Witt's, bring an appetite.. but that's all.. He supplies food and beer !! And some flowers for Mrs. Witt.. she deserves them for putting up with Dave's feces...

Back
Top Bottom