Wooden Smokehouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I talked to a guy I work with who has construction experience....it's starting to look like this wooden smokehouse is going to be a go once the weather breaks.

I don't think a hot plate would get the smokehouse hot enough...for the type of smoking I want to do.

Plans are being made to build this....or something like it...but a little bigger and more heavy duty....

My buddy at work is drawing up some plans and a shopping list…looks like a wooden smokehouse is going to be built a my house soon…..We are going to make it 4x4 and its’ going to be 7 feet 4 inches high in the front and slope down to 6ft at the back…we are going to insulate it and use that concrete board for the inside…..

I have a gas smoker (I know, I know) that I bought several years ago and runs on a turkey fryer burner. It puts out so much heat, it can't be used without the water pan or flames out when I try to get it low enough, so a full sized turkey fryer burner may be more heat than you'll want if some cooler smoking is the plan.

I'm looking at going no higher than 165* as the smoking temp...I think I'll be ok with the big area....I'm guessing that your gas smoker is smaller than what the smokehouse is going to be...If I want to cold smoke I can always use a hot plate...thanks for the input...I guess will see what works and go from there....the big thing is getting it built after that...it's just a matter of trying out different heat sources.....

Dave what are you using for insulation? That spray foam stuff would seal it up nicely.
Can't wait to see the progress pics. Good luck. 8)

Puff I need to check on the heat levels for insulation...we are going to use concrete board for the inside of it....

Back
Top Bottom