Wooden Smokehouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
****** Boy Looking good, Thats a big burner, I hope you can keep the flame low enough to maintain 140, That 6in burner looks to about 70,000btu job

007bond-jb said:
****** Boy Looking good, Thats a big burner, I hope you can keep the flame low enough to maintain 140, That 6in burner looks to about 70,000btu job

My thoughts exactly....great minds think alike.

It does need a old fashioned Coke bottle opener on the side.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
JB, I used a high pressure regulator for a co2 tank on my turkey fryer, works great. But you knew that already. Right? ;) :D

CO2 don't burn BOY Pay attention!

Bruce a great idea on the Coke a Cola opener... Wish I had one :cry:

That should read..Built for Dave Witt…By Greg Vizzi

Little bit of insulation

The first concrete board…

Cutting the board

The Door stop….

Union Job

Pest Prevention

Starting to look like a smokehouse

This what some of you guys said was missing

Hopefully this will perform as advertised…

Almost done

Inside Insulated and concrete board

We are almost done….just have to run a length of pipe to bring air to the burner…and cut and place the angle iron for dowels and shelves…..

Unity said:
Beautiful. Now sand it before you stain it, sand each coat, and be careful you don't slop any stain where it doesn't belong. ;)

--John
No Sanding..we put all the rough cut on the outside. ;)

As far as the temp issues….there will be a cast iron skillet on top of the burner….and a few inches above that …I plan on putting a piece of concrete board to act as a smoke diffuser and as a heat sink…..today the O2 hole for the burner goes in and the rails for the racks and dowels…hopefully I’ll be able to fire it up for a test smoke this afternoon……

Have you thought of a window to peek at the meat's progress without opening the big door. Maybe a light inside and have the window on hinges allowing you to reach in to feel the meat for dryness. (wonder if there will be comments from the sick-tickets on that one. :LOL: )

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
I used a high pressure regulator for a co2 tank on a LP tank line to the burner. Now you BOY Pay attention! :LOL:

Opps I missed that :oops:

Dave window screen cuts air flow by 50%

Rag said:
Have you thought of a window to peek at the meat's progress without opening the big door. Maybe a light inside and have the window on hinges allowing you to reach in to feel the meat for dryness. (wonder if there will be comments from the sick-tickets on that one. :LOL: )

I think the window would probably be useless after the first smoke or two, similar to the windows they use to put into lids on gas grills, they would get covered with smoke and grime and be totally black.

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":113lqoql]I used a high pressure regulator for a co2 tank on a LP tank line to the burner. Now you BOY Pay attention! :LOL:

Opps I missed that :oops:

Dave window screen cuts air flow by 50%[/quote:113lqoql]
Screens will come off when the smoke is rolling....thats why the clamps are where they are

Back
Top Bottom