Wooden Smokehouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got off the phone with the resident mason expert. And it seems like using the concrete backer board for the inside walls…..will let me safely get the smokehouse up to Q temps…I’m not looking forward to Nicks bill.

We had another busy and productive day today…….we got the door hung, the front and outside sides done, a hole and damper put in, tomorrow we are going to work on the door jam, the exhaust stack and insulated and concrete boarding the inside. Hopefully it will be done tomorrow.
Working on the door hardware….

Working on the custom damper…

All this guy does is take a break….

The Back…

The Front….

Nice job Dave. I'm a bit puzzled by the third picture from the bottom. The door appears to have hinges on both sides. BTW nice looking hardware.

Griff said:
Nice job Dave. I'm a bit puzzled by the third picture from the bottom. The door appears to have hinges on both sides. BTW nice looking hardware.
It sure does. :?

Dave it's looking great dude! 8)

singdistle.gif

All it needs now is a distelfink to add good luck!

We built it like that to confuse Cajuns....like JB :LOL:

We didn't like any of the hasps or claps...that would hold the door shut...so we picked up a second pair of hinges and popped the pin holding the hinges and replaced it with a bolt that is slightly smaller than the standard pin...you just pull them out...and the door opens...we figured it looked better...and we need a good seal for the door...it beats the two pieces of wood spinning clasps.

Let me state for the record that buddy is the one building this smokehouse. I help when I can but….JP will tell you I’m basically good for nothing. My pics haven’t done the craftsmanship that is going into this project. Every piece of wood has had multiple cuts and angles. Its all the little details my buddy is putting into this that is making it so awesome. My big idea was to use the double set of hinges….other than a few wise cracks and lunch I’ve just schlepped materials. He did let me use the nail gun once :shock: …….and has showed me how to use a few of the tools I own… :LOL:

For example all the wood on the outside of the smokehouse is cut for 1x12x8 rough cut lumber the wide boards were ripped down to size then cut at a angle to line up with the roof.
I just ordered my therm for this thing :shock: I could have gotten another WSM :roll:

I snapped a couple of pics of the inside before we insulate and put the concrete board up….I’m hopping to get done today but it might take some time tomorrow to wrap up the loose ends….

For now the heat source…..

This vent is going to provide air for the convection aspect of the smokehouse….

This is where the 6in exhaust stack is going to go…..front right part of the smoker…near it’s highest point…on the opposite side of the convection vent…

These little piggies can’t wait to get it rolling…

Thing One says “Peace and Pork Grease”…Thing Two says…” The Fist of Rock”…

The back of the door….I got the “red light” guarantee that it wouldn’t sag…My buddy said “ I guarantee it won’t sag till after can’t see my brake lights”…I think it should be ok….we used 3 heavy duty hinges and they have a tension adjustment….

The inside of the smokehouse is about 3 ft by 3 ft…and near 6ft at it’s lowest point.

john pen said:
Looking good..I cant wait to taste the fruits of our labor !
:LOL:
We'll have to have a little breaking in party...anyone from the area that has a need and desire to use this let me know...
Now I have to figure out whats going to get smoked first

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom