What wittdog said

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I'm doing jerky for the first time this weekend. I've been reading witts treads to figure out what to do.

Witt said buy top round

Buy 1 get 1 free

Witt said to slice it thin after partialy freezing

Witt said use this stuff

Witt said mix well

Somebody else said to try this recipe

So now I can blame Witt!

Looks like a good start Nick....you can also blame Witt if it doesn't turn out good 8) but I'm sure it will.........

Oh great! :LOL: Not really too worried about that. I'm gonna have to leave mine until tomorrow to smoke, I didn't relize how much stuff I had going on today. Witt, how long do you think that stuff will be in the smokehouse?

Witt said....If you are using the lectic your going to want to rotate the shelves during the process...the walls will reflect the heat and the stuff near the back will cook quicker...and the bottom rack will cook quicker than the top...your going to want to move the bottom to to the top and rotate the rack when you do...This usually isn't a problem with sausge cuz it's hung or with a large piece of meat like the ham but with jerky it will become an issue....
OH yeah and spray the cooking racks with Pam or lightly oil...the mrs. neglected to do that this morning when she put them on :roll:

wittdog said:
Witt said....If you are using the lectic your going to want to rotate the shelves during the process...the walls will reflect the heat and the stuff near the back will cook quicker...and the bottom rack will cook quicker than the top...your going to want to move the bottom to to the top and rotate the rack when you do...This usually isn't a problem with sausge cuz it's hung or with a large piece of meat like the ham but with jerky it will become an issue....
OH yeah and spray the cooking racks with Pam or lightly oil...the mrs. neglected to do that this morning when she put them on :roll:

Like I said, blame witt! :LOL:

Tray 1 Witt style

Tray 2 Witt style

Tray 1 Nick style

Tray 2 Nick style. Oops, not a full one!

Hickory ready to go

Put the meat in the smokehouse at 6:30 this morning. It's now 7:45 and I'm going to put the hickory on now. Should be ready to go. I'll rotate the shelfs for the first time now also.

Back
Top Bottom