Two Kinds of Bacon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I was at the store today …and they had some nice looking pork bellies…I picked up 10lbs of bellies and 20lbs of pork loin….they have been spiked and are in the brine now….I will be smoking them when I’m off next week…

BTW the new slicer worked awesome.

img_181199_0_1667687ec00f79699cb61f56fd7cc7f6.jpg

I love it! Wish I had a shop near me like that. Those are some great cuts.

Pigs

Looks like yall gonna have some good eatin there! We have hundreds a thousands a hogs in this state, an I can't buy a pork belly locally! Go figure.

Good luck on the bacon vittles!

Unity said:
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Rag said:
Pigs, how far away can you be?? You're right there!
Yea. Your right Ron. I'm only 45 min.(if that) From Dave's place. :roll:

Pigs
Ya gotta remember, his driver's license is usually suspended. :P

--John
Geesshh A guy gets a DUI over 25 years ago and some folk just can't let it go. :LOL:
I have to talk to Dave and get a addy for the place. Good deals, but some products are hit or miss. Think he found tri tip a few times there too. Think he goes there all the time and they just start bringing boxes of meat out the cooler. ;) :LOL:

Pigs

Well join the club on the lack o pork bellies at the retail level. I aint neva seen one in any store in my life that I can recall. Believe if I wanted some real bad I would exert my authority over the purty Sysco Lady. She is so sweet. I betcha I get a case by next Thursday delivered.

bigwheel

The bacon is out of the smokehouse…the Canadian Bacon needs some more time….I was concerned about the color of the bacon at first…but after it bloomed the color looks awesome..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom