Sausage time in Lewiston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Just picked up a case of butts at Sams (8 butts / 65 lbs ). Gonna do 5 into Itialian Sausage (3 sweet / 2 hot), 2 into breakfast sausage for fatties and 1 on the WSM for pp for hunting camp.

Anyone want to share their breakfast sausage recipe ? Im also making a beef stick using my MIL's recipe.

Pics to follow...

Wow..thats cheap enough. Just spotted butts at Albertsons today for .99 and thought I had died and went to hawg heaven. You done very good with the price you got.

bigwheel

PS..I dont make much breakfast sausage but my old pal Jess dont never steer a person wrong on anything. Heres his recipe. If it aint any good I kiss your coola on the court house square at high noon on the date and town of my choosing:) Now Texas breakfast sausage usually aint got no garlic in it..and grinding up a butt should work fine for the meat..and that aint quite enough salt. Otherwise it looks purty edible. I think he must be a transplanted yankee of some type.

bigwheel

>This is all quotes from some other chat site
>bigwheel wrote:

>For a plain Jane breakfast sausage think salt...red and/or black pepper..and
>maybe a little sage should be just whut the butcher ordered. Seems like
>Jess has a good soundiing recipe but I aint been able to find it so far.
>
>
>
Texas Country Sausage

2 pounds of pork (one-third fat, two-thirds lean), ground
and mixed
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons coarsely ground fresh black pepper
2 cloves garlic, smashed
½ teaspoon rubbed sage
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes

Jess

--
Bar None Barbecue
http://barbqr.com A slightly biased, sometime tongue-in-cheek, but
mostly serious look at barbecue, "barbecuers", cooking (and cooks).

There is a maple breakfast sausage recipe in the sausage recipe section.
How about posting that Beef Stick recipe?

wittdog said:

There's a guy from Ohio, Robert Evans, he makes a fine maple breakfast sausage. ;)

Bruce B said:
wittdog said:

There's a guy from Ohio, Robert Evans, he makes a fine maple breakfast sausage. ;)

Probably ALMOST as good as you can make at home! :roll:

Bruce B said:
wittdog said:

Let me guess you get your Q at Applebees as well :D

Well, last night I boned my pork and rubbed my butt....

got everything ground and cooling in the fridge...getting setup to mix and stuff....

Also getting the WSM fired up for the butt for pp (rubed with Wittrub) and the last of the venison sausage from my bil from last year...

john pen said:
Well, last night I boned my pork and rubbed my butt....

got everything ground and cooling in the fridge...getting setup to mix and stuff....

Also getting the WSM fired up for the butt for pp (rubed with Wittrub) and the last of the venison sausage from my bil from last year...

:shock:

Butts on with the 4 lonely venison sausage....

What a good day off...weathers awesome !! And look, its beer o'clock ! :LOL:

john pen said:
Butts on with the 4 lonely venison sausage....

What a good day off...weathers awesome !! And look, its beer o'clock ! :LOL:

Uh John, I don't know how to tell you this, but somebody stole a sausage from you! :LOL: But the others look good!

Well I cant quite figger out why yall want your sausage to taste like maple. If a person wants sausage that taste like maple just hand em a jug of log cabin and let em do it themselves. Whut am I missing here?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I cant quite figger out why yall want your sausage to taste like maple. If a person wants sausage that taste like maple just hand em a jug of log cabin and let em do it themselves. Whut am I missing here?

bigwheel

Different strokes for different folks. I like maple sausage.

Long day yestarday...57 lbs of itialian sausage and a butt with Witts "Rub out" on the WSM. Did 40lbs "sweet", and the rest hot, half with red pepper and half with chipolte pepper. I plan on smoking the chipolte one and slicing it for apps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom