Sausage making

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NorthwestBBQ

Assistant Cook
I went over to my friend brian's house yesterday and we made 4 different recipes for Sausage. It was the first time for me and I learned a lot. We ended up with about 18 pounds of product.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

My friends parrot is quite a character isn't he?

We made a couple recipes from Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue book, 5 pounds of Andouille (with Simply Marvelous Season-All,) 4 pounds of Mexican Hot Mama, and 5 pounds of the Sweet Italian. We also made the Jalapeño/Cheddar links from Dr. BBQ's Big Time cookbook.

Fine job folks. Looks good. Making multiple varieties in the same session is a lot of work even with quite a bit fancier equipment than yall was using. Your fortitude is admirable.

bigwheel

Guys, the parrot was just checking out what we were doing as seen here:

Attachments

• sausage bird watch.jpg
    sausage bird watch.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 1,613
Yes I would vote for the grinder attachement running about 40 bucks or at least the one Santa brought me one year was in that general vicinity. Those are some brave fellas standing in front of the bizness end of that crazy gizmo. The one I had would splatter high velocity meat about 20 feet most especially if there was any liquid added to the mix. Then it had another kewlish trick in which the thumb screw which holds the grinder head in place would work itself out of the little indent into which it fit on the mixer and the entire mechanism would start spinning in a circle. I had so much fun with that thang I had to share the enjoyment by giving it away to a chum so he could have fun with it too.

bigwheel

I've been real interested in sausage making, too. I went to the store today and asked the butcher where you can get sausage casings. He pulled out a package from under the case and. . . well, I guess I'm kind of committed now. I'll be checking out more posts from this section to try and work up the courage.

Smokey Lew said:
I've been real interested in sausage making, too. I went to the store today and asked the butcher where you can get sausage casings. He pulled out a package from under the case and. . . well, I guess I'm kind of committed now. I'll be checking out more posts from this section to try and work up the courage.

I would love to see it, Lew. It is really easy and fun!

Lew Lew Lew...that sausage hobby is way too strenuous for fat lazy boys who sweat a lot. If you want sausage just go buy some. Now kindly dont axe me how I know this. Also let me know if you need any sausage making equpment. I will cut you a good deal.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom